PA Results Released

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woohoo. I passed. :Banane35:

Still no license number on the verification website though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Same here, I'm thinking it is alphabetical and then by discipline....electrical will probably be last as usual!!

I didn't even get my letter from NCEES until after 5pm yesterday!!!

Same here, I'm thinking it is alphabetical and then by discipline....electrical will probably be last as usual!!

Interesting... I took Electrical - Power and my number was posted yesterday.

As it was a year long struggle for me to convince the board to let me sit, I'm almost expecting them to throw up some case against issuing me a license. All that matters is that I took the test and passed.

As it was a year long struggle for me to convince the board to let me sit, I'm almost expecting them to throw up some case against issuing me a license. All that matters is that I took the test and passed.
Yeah, it took over a year for me to get the Amplified Record in a format that they would accept.

I wonder why there are still no results for FE in PA??

Me too!!!

Great feeling I can't believe we have them this soon!!!

I went out last night to buy document frames and hung them up in my office today :)

Did you get the wall certificate? Or just the little "official" license with expiration date.... I got the latter in the mail but not the former, and have still not seen an official letter from the board or anything? Have any of you?

I got 2 envelopes yesterday. One was the certificate with a seal on it proclaiming that I am a Professional Engineer. It also had a sheet of paper with it showing what your seal should look like. The other envelope was the official license with expiration date. It had both the pocket card and the larger (5x7? i didn't measure it and don't have it with me). This also has your registration code on it which will be necessary for renewing in september as well as for any name or address changes. Don't forget to sign these ones to make them active!

Hmmm..... **** mail lady probably hawked my certificate... I did get the official license which is the more important of the two I suppose... I'll be on the lookout for the other one.. Thanks for the info guys.

Did you get the wall certificate? Or just the little "official" license with expiration date.... I got the latter in the mail but not the former, and have still not seen an official letter from the board or anything? Have any of you?
I received my license (the official pink and blue 5.5"x8.5" one that everyone else at work has hanging on their walls), it also had a wallet sized license and a certificate that looks like an 8.5"x11" diploma that has my name, that I am a professional engineer and a seal from commonwealth of professional and occupational affairs. It was all in one envelope.

The "letter" that came with it only had the rules for a PA seal (which I ordered the day they listed my license number on license look up and I received last week)

We should soon receive a letter for renewing the license since it is renewed every 2 years on on odd years. I registered on PSPE and can keep a log of my CEU's on this site. No CEU's required for the first renewal, 24 hours required by next renewal however if we obtain CEU's before Oct 1 we can carry over 12 CEU's.

We have to purchase an embosser as well as the rubber stamp if we want it, correct? Do you know if we can abbreviate our middle name? I have three fairly long names, and not sure they will all fit on the stamp.

Is there any specific guidance as to what counts as CEU's?

I also joined PSPE (Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers)

when you register, You can keep a log of your license and your CEU's, whether you obtained the CEU's through PSPE or through other means (you can upload the CEU document)

I only purchased the rubber stamp, PA does not require a raised seal unlike Delaware and New Jersey.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/state_registration_board_for_professional_engineers%2C_land_surveyors_and_geologists/12510/continuing_education_information/804656

There was a link called "Continuing Professional Competency Law Provisions."

I attached the file

attachicon.gif
Eng Act 25 CE section 4.52.pdf

Scary Dog,

The PA Code 37.58 says:

(d) A registrant may use a rubber stamp or computer image which is a facsimile of the seal, if the registrant first obtains a seal in accordance with this section.

I ordered both.

That being said, some of my coworkers that have been PEs for years have never had an embossing seal and have never been asked to produce one.

As for middle name vs initial. All of my coworkers only use their middle initial in theirs. As that is how I usually sign my name (and write my name for legal documents) I only used my middle initial as well.

Back