PA RELEASED ON PCS WEBSITE!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know what the PDH requirements are for people who just obtained their PE license?  I noticed that the newly issued licenses will expire in Sept. 2017.  Do we need to accumulate the required 24 PDH's before then or is the amount prorated for people who just passed the PE exam?  Anyone insight is appreciated.  Thanks!

Does anyone know what the PDH requirements are for people who just obtained their PE license?  I noticed that the newly issued licenses will expire in Sept. 2017.  Do we need to accumulate the required 24 PDH's before then or is the amount prorated for people who just passed the PE exam?  Anyone insight is appreciated.  Thanks!
I was wondering the same thing... And I was kinda annoyed that it seemingly expired so soon... even though its not that fast

They expire soon to get you on the same schedule with all of the other engineers.  Almost all states do this so that they process the renewals at the same time for efficiency.

Not sure on the PDH's required though, some states prorate and some say your exempt for the first renewal.  If it didn't say in your letter, then I would contact the board to make sure.  Best to know from them for sure rather than assume what somebody else tells you is correct in our opinion.

Here is the wording from the PA Continuing Education Provision laws:

Law - Continuing Education Provisions

(2) An individual applying for initial licensure and registration shall be exempt from the requirement set forth in subsection (a) for the licensure period immediately following initial licensure and registration.
Unless I'm misinterpreting something, we are exempt for this cycle.

Nope.  Very odd, she specifically told me they went in the mail last week. 

BTW, I took the PA supplied PDH Activity Log and converted it to Excel format...for those who are interested. 

I know we are exempt for the first partial cycle but I'm going to get into a habit of documenting work related conferences, seminars, lunch-n-learn sessions, etc. now. 

View attachment 8390
Thanks for posting!  I went ahead and saved it.  I've been keeping a folder of lunch-n-learn PDH's for the past couple years now, just to get an idea of how much more I'll need to do with my license.

Just got home to check the mail, got the wallet card and blue wall license.  I imagine the nice certificate will take a bit longer.

I got the official display certificate today, but have not received the wallet card or blue wall license. 

BTW, I took the PA supplied PDH Activity Log and converted it to Excel format...for those who are interested. 

I know we are exempt for the first partial cycle but I'm going to get into a habit of documenting work related conferences, seminars, lunch-n-learn sessions, etc. now. 

View attachment 8390
Good deal! Thanks! I spent too long converting the form for the application to word in order to type in my work history... 

I don't get why they don't just make them official electronic forms aside from pdf

So now I am all set. I have everything and even ordered/received my stamps/seals! Only thing left to do is hang the license and wall cert!

Back