October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received the NCEES surveys when I failed.

View attachment 25564
...and the year I passed, October 2018. Everyone gets them :)
I don't know if everyone gets one, there was a year I did not get one (unless I just missed it?)
But I also failed that one.

Jokes aside, how did you find NCEES exam site, staff...etc? I was pleasantly surprised by the nice big tables we got! quiet environment, huge hall, proctors were nice and helpful, even the chair was thinking it will be uncomfortable sitting on it 8 hours, it wasn't!! It actually puts more pressure on me because if I fail I have no excuse like "blame it on NCEES accommodations or staff" :p

At my exam site (Casper, WY), there was some sort of karaoke convention going on in the adjacent conference room (I suspect it was a teacher's convention of sorts). There was constant laughing and giggling from the other room, plus loud karaoke of common children's songs like once per hour. They went and got ear plugs for everyone about an hour into the morning session, but there was a very clear mistake made in scheduling that location.

At my exam site (Casper, WY), there was some sort of karaoke convention going on in the adjacent conference room (I suspect it was a teacher's convention of sorts). There was constant laughing and giggling from the other room, plus loud karaoke of common children's songs like once per hour. They went and got ear plugs for everyone about an hour into the morning session, but there was a very clear mistake made in scheduling that location.
Wow! I am so sorry, I took earplugs with me just in case something like that happens. We were lucky here in Houston, TX. (Friday)

Wow! I am so sorry, I took earplugs with me just in case something like that happens. We were lucky here in Houston, TX. (Friday)
It didn't wind up being too distracting for me. I was so focused I barely noticed, but I imagine that the noise was problematic for some people there. I found that wearing the earplugs was worse than just listening to the white noise. Just bad luck on that one.

Jokes aside, how did you find NCEES exam site, staff...etc? I was pleasantly surprised by the nice big tables we got! quiet environment, huge hall, proctors were nice and helpful, even the chair was thinking it will be uncomfortable sitting on it 8 hours, it wasn't!! It actually puts more pressure on me because if I fail I have no excuse like "blame it on NCEES accommodations or staff" :p
Mine was held at the convention center in downtown Pittsburgh, same location as the April exam. Same situation: nice big tables, one eprson per table, all spread out. In April there was a basketball tournament happening on the ground floor, we were right above it, heard absolutely nothing. This time, there was simply a free dental clinic in the morning, but we went in the opposite door and heard nothing all day.

It was truly the perfect place to hold such an exam.

View attachment 25556

MY HEART JUST DROPPED SO HARD
Wow, it's pretty late this year. I wonder why?

What questions did they ask? I'm kind of curious because some of the usual questions: about the exam room and proctors may not really matter in the future. Sure there's the SE, but certainly they don't need the same large facilities as the PE.

Wow, it's pretty late this year. I wonder why?

What questions did they ask? I'm kind of curious because some of the usual questions: about the exam room and proctors may not really matter in the future. Sure there's the SE, but certainly they don't need the same large facilities as the PE.
Pretty much all the questions were about the exam site, staff, etc. Same old stuff.

We should all refrain from completing the survey until we get our results! Make THEM wait for US!
lol, they take that into account when they set the duration for the survey. Otherwise they'd be getting back like 30% useless strong negative surveys. IIRC they survey only runs like 2-3 weeks.

And now that I typed that, I just realized something...

Serious question for all involved: did they indicate when the survey might close?

I have the feeling December 1st it is!
5.5 weeks is light, but if other testing sites were like mine (less people than standard) cause of the last P&P exam kinda thing, I could see that type of faster than usual turnaround. No cut score meetings, less examinees, as long as there are no giant issues, you might be right.
Nov 30/Dec 1 is a valid date for the release window to open.

I'm not saying it will happen that early, just that it's historically consistent with similar October offerings and it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Latest posts

Back