October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took structural for the first time. Took a class and studied religiously and still felt like the afternoon portion kicked my teeth in. It was ROUGH and that was the general consensus in the class I took as well.
That gives us hope, if we all did bad, the cut score might be low and we still stand a chance 😉

That gives us hope, if we all did bad, the cut score might be low and we still stand a chance 😉
See I felt strong on the afternoon (not nearly as strong as on the morning....I'm talking 30-35 on morning and 20-25 on afternoon).

So I'm feeling a strong 50-60 range and if the cut score is low, I'm fine. If not, I might still be okay. Give it another 3 weeks before we start panicking about it though.

See I felt strong on the afternoon (not nearly as strong as on the morning....I'm talking 30-35 on morning and 20-25 on afternoon).

So I'm feeling a strong 50-60 range and if the cut score is low, I'm fine. If not, I might still be okay. Give it another 3 weeks before we start panicking about it though.
Same here, I feel I should be good for 50 between both but not sure how many more over 50 I got too lol, somewhere between 50 & 60 as you said, this waiting is killing me :(

Same here, I feel I should be good for 50 between both but not sure how many more over 50 I got too lol, somewhere between 50 & 60 as you said, this waiting is killing me :(
Between you and MeowMeow I felt obligated to make my avatar a cat too...

Not sure who said it here but somebody said they either passed by a small amount or failed by a small amount and that's 100% how I feel. I know I got at least 50, but between 50 & 60 is questionable.

Good luck everybody still waiting!

If you pass, be proud of yourself.

If you didn't pass, still be proud of yourself. This is meant to be tough and the difference very well could have been a couple extra questions that you're not strong on in place of a couple you are strong on. Don't give up hope and know you'll come back stronger next time.

Not sure who said it here but somebody said they either passed by a small amount or failed by a small amount and that's 100% how I feel. I know I got at least 50, but between 50 & 60 is questionable.
That would be me, I feel weirdly optimistic about it though, in a 'well I for sure at least have a chance of passing' way.

It's probably the hardest place to be. Speaking from experience, the borderline feelings are the worst. I agree that most people searching the interent are probably in a similar situation.
I think that it's more an itch than feeling bad, at least for me I've just accepted that my grade has been solidified, just trying to pass the time until I figure out what the response to it is, being on here and hearing feedback has been fun though!

That was one of my lessons learned from the first attempt. I self graded with percentages every time I answered a question. And left a little bit of time at the end to tally it all up. My final tally was like 56.6 or 57.3 or something like that. Way too close for comfort.
Part of me wonders if I should have gone back and done this but I'm glad I went back and checked things instead, it lets me live in more ignorant bliss than anything now that we are post test since I genuinely have no clue what my score could potentially be. I'm not sure if I'll do this approach next time if I end up failing but part of me doesn't think so.

I copied MeowMeow 😝 avatar but looked for a mad kitty pic waiting impatiently for results.

Exactly same feeling here and also first time taking it too, I really hope we will pass this time, not sure if I can afford again to find time to study.

Last edited:
I really hope everyone here passes. The thought of having to go back and study after failing the 2nd time was NOT a good feeling. After the first time, ok so what, many people fail the first time. The second time, it's like, "Ok my employer is questioning my commitment since they paid for my review course. My wife is wondering if I can even pass this. My son keeps asking if I have to study tonight." You even start questioning yourself. Like, "I can study for 4-5 more months and still not pass. Is this really worth it?" 2020 was a horrible year for me, not just because of the PE exam. But I got through it. I KNOW if I can do this, you all can!

I copied MeowMeow 😝 avatar but looked for a mad kitty pic waiting impatiently for results.

Exactly same feeling here and also first time taking it too, I really hope we will pass this time, not sure if I can afford again to find time to study.
I was literally just saying I can't afford the time it would take to study again/harder. I'd probably have to give up some work responsibility.

I was literally just saying I can't afford the time it would take to study again/harder. I'd probably have to give up some work responsibility.
No need to study harder!
Study smarter! You could even get away with less study time if you focus on your 3 weakest areas and your 2 strongest areas.

I really hope everyone here passes. The thought of having to go back and study after failing the 2nd time was NOT a good feeling. After the first time, ok so what, many people fail the first time. The second time, it's like, "Ok my employer is questioning my commitment since they paid for my review course. My wife is wondering if I can even pass this. My son keeps asking if I have to study tonight." You even start questioning yourself. Like, "I can study for 4-5 more months and still not pass. Is this really worth it?" 2020 was a horrible year for me, not just because of the PE exam. But I got through it. I KNOW if I can do this, you all can!
Kudos to you, I admire the ones who don't give up, not sure if I have that strength. My employer paid for my review course too, so I feel the pressure too but nothing compare to my daughter who told all her 2nd grade class that her mommy is taking a PE exam on that Friday since I couldn't drop her or pick her up and now every time I see one of her friends they ask me if I got an "A" :LOL::ROFLMAO:, also my husband was constantly complaining about the last 2 months where the kitchen had to close and we had to survive on to go meals and frozen meals section I hope all that was worth it :D

I am just gonna try to convince myself I did good and will pass and try to relax the next weeks before the results, and if it is not the case (God forbid), I will come back to @DuranDuran PE for motivation to ride that beast again.

Kudos to you, I admire the ones who don't give up, not sure if I have that strength. My employer paid for my review course too, so I feel the pressure too but nothing compare to my daughter who told all her 2nd grade class that her mommy is taking a PE exam on that Friday since I couldn't drop her or pick her up and now every time I see one of her friends they ask me if I got an "A" :LOL::ROFLMAO:, also my husband was constantly complaining about the last 2 months where the kitchen had to close and we had to survive on to go meals and frozen meals section I hope all that was worth it :D
Did we marry the same man? 🤣🤣

See, I'm kinda glad my employer won't pay for my review course or books or anything until I pass the exam. Cause I don't have that added pressure, and plus it'll be extra satisfying to hand the receipts with the pass notice and say "money, please?" lol

I'm betting that most of you passed, so the odds are with you.

That being said, in case you didn't, plan to take a little time off before jumping back into studying. Preparing, studying, and taking the test is INTENSE (as you know). Give your brain, your body, and your life a chance to recover for a moment. Since NCEES has moved to CBT now, you're not limited to every 6 months. You can just delay a couple month and then start preparing/chose a test date.

I'm going for 4th times a charm!

Is anyone else having problems with the nj checklist? I went into my nj license account and I no longer see the view checklist

Latest posts

Back