October 2020 Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing you experience.

PPI just got worse this year. Tons of errors on their slides, we had to correct their slides during the sessions. It wasn't fun.

Would you be interested in sharing your material or even selling it?

Thanks, 
AEI also has this problem, and we also have to keep revising numbers during the classes. But overall, I still think it is pretty good!

Thanks for sharing you experience.

PPI just got worse this year. Tons of errors on their slides, we had to correct their slides during the sessions. It wasn't fun.

Would you be interested in sharing your material or even selling it?

Thanks, 
I can sell you the NCEES Structural Engineering Practice Exam and the two bridge problems book by David Connor. I have these books brand new since I did not use it. Message me if you are interested. I will sell them cheap...

I can sell you the NCEES Structural Engineering Practice Exam and the two bridge problems book by David Connor. I have these books brand new since I did not use it. Message me if you are interested. I will sell them cheap...
I have them. I'm looking for AEI material. 

Thanks though!

•  

Failed 1st attempt SE vertical buildings AM 26/40. PM A.IR.IR.U. I studied 100+ hours, took School of PE class a big regret for taking this class, very poor and insufficient materials, weak instructors. It is only good for PE structural depth not SE

@Mosta I would definitely agree with you about the School of PE review course for the SE exam.  I took it two years ago to review for the SE Vertical Exam and also thought it was very bad compared to the others out there.  The material is not very good.  I'm taking the AEI Vertical Exam review course coming up in Jan 2021.

Clearly, the Vertical Forces Buildings exam was much easier this year.  😉
As someone who took both, and passed 2020, the October 2019 exam was absolutely insane. Hard to judge how much of it was the prep I put into October 2020 and getting the jitters out in October 2019, but it really felt like a more difficult exam. 

@Mosta I would definitely agree with you about the School of PE review course for the SE exam.  I took it two years ago to review for the SE Vertical Exam and also thought it was very bad compared to the others out there.  The material is not very good.  I'm taking the AEI Vertical Exam review course coming up in Jan 2021.

I had access to School of PE, AEI, and PPI during my time preparing. AEI was the only set of materials that really feel more like a SE Exam prep course. The other ones felt like a review for the PE. Especially as a buildings person trying to prepare for bridge problems. 

Hey, Anyone can share the material for AEI Vertical and Lateral.

I took PPI and spent well above 3K on that test, and they're gone with a failing results. I'm offering them for free if you want them. 

I'm so hesitant to pay again for another course. I'll be self-studying. However, with this overwhelming praise for AEI, I think I have to consider their material for my self-studying. 

If you would like to sell your material or even giving it away, it's greatly appreciated!!
Do you mind sharing the PPI material with me? Thanks in advance!

Anybody knows how long it takes IL board to issue you a license number after passing the exam? I'm trying to get it into our company system before the end of year... not sure if it's going to happen. 😔

I have the same thing going into April... I don't think I can do both days again so hopefully I knock out at least one of em.  Sorry you didn't pass both, but man your score is close.
Hey Chief! How did you make out?

Anybody knows how long it takes IL board to issue you a license number after passing the exam? I'm trying to get it into our company system before the end of year... not sure if it's going to happen. 😔
They're usually slow. I wouldn't count on it before the end of the year. I've got a worthless IL PE license in addition to the SE that I'm now applying for. My PE took three months to get, but part of that was because I had to resend some paperwork. 

Last fall, Illinois posted SE license numbers the same day they released results.  The delay this year may be another victim of "working from home".  

Last edited by a moderator:
Back