October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another question ...I took all these practice problem books with me to the exam. On exam day though I knew this question is similar to one question from this or that book but there was no way I could have found that one question in the entire 500 questions of the book. Are these problem solving books worth taking in the exam??
I bought and adquired many practice problems. My method was to tab a larger 3hole binder into the sections of the test (1problem binder for AM and one for PM) and every roblem I did would go into the correct tab related to that section of the test, this made it really easy to find ‘like’ problems during the exam.

best of luck!

Based on my 2+ hour commute to work (normally 45 mins ish) in NJ this morning, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say slim chance of a release (screw that 2-3 week nonsense) today if it requires someone to get to the office.  Unless they're coming from the Southern part of the state..

Based on my 2+ hour commute to work (normally 45 mins ish) in NJ this morning, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say slim chance of a release (screw that 2-3 week nonsense) today if it requires someone to get to the office.  Unless they're coming from the Southern part of the state..
That sounds awful! Sorry you had to go out in this snow. I hope you get good news soon. Maybe they can verify results from home?

That sounds awful! Sorry you had to go out in this snow. I hope you get good news soon. Maybe they can verify results from home?
Sure hope so. No snow days here! - The worst part, where I live there's literally nothing on the ground.  

Sure hope so. No snow days here! - The worst part, where I live there's literally nothing on the ground.  
****, that sucks. I'm in Essex county and there's about 8-12 inches of snow.

The consumer affairs website does say that their office is closed but employees are working from home so they should be unaffected by the snow, unless the state of emergency causes any disruption.

Are you in South Jersey? I'm by Hartford and we have about 1' and they said we should get another 4" by noon. 
I live down the shore.  Ocean County.  We had maybe 3 inches last night but it all turned to rain and melted.

****, that sucks. I'm in Essex county and there's about 8-12 inches of snow.

The consumer affairs website does say that their office is closed but employees are working from home so they should be unaffected by the snow, unless the state of emergency causes any disruption.
I hear you and can confirm there's every bit of 10+ inches on the ground in Jersey City.

I'm not sure the snow will affect it since they are working from home already.

And to your earlier post, fully agree that there's nothing keeping them from just telling us the results.  That's why I called and don't feel that it's unfair or pestering to ask such a thing.  They can take their time issuing the licenses; I understand that things are crazy right now.  There is just a lot riding on this for us, and it would be the right thing to let us know what our next half a year will look like.

Hang in there.  My work productivity has been garbage at a time that we're busier than ever.. for that reason alone I hope they release today.

We've got a few inches, even after the rain, in South Jersey closer to Philly.

I DID IT I PASSED! Thank you to everyone in this group who made the wait semi bearable. I hope everyone waiting gets (good) results soon! And hang in there anyone who didn't pass, you got this next time!

View attachment 20204
Congratulations!...and I don't know you, but I hate you. 😀 but seriously, good job! and stay safe!

At least you're not going anywhere for a while, break out the celebratory drinks!...yes its 8:10am, but we won't judge...

Here's a link to where I tried to explain the TX score.

Briefly 70% is the curved passing score, so that gives you a little bit of an idea how close you were. But honestly, you diagnostic from NCEES is WAY more useful.
So I failed the exam and got 62 under texas board. It means if I get 70% or more I would have passed!! 

Per Reddit:

Well, I guess I can actually get work done today..

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back