October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@CuriousC, @CivilPE4ME

IIRC SD tends to mail out the results first. You might get it in the mail before you see NCEES unlock it. An official mail letter from your State board is old school way of finding out, but its also 100% accurate. Do either of you have USPS informed delivery? You might find out from that email before you get the envelope.

@CuriousC, @CivilPE4ME

IIRC SD tends to mail out the results first. You might get it in the mail before you see NCEES unlock it. An official mail letter from your State board is old school way of finding out, but its also 100% accurate. Do either of you have USPS informed delivery? You might find out from that email before you get the envelope.
I do. I looked this am on Informed Delivery so I knew it wasn’t coming today.  🙄  I took the test in SD one other time and results were next day. When I got to work, after reading the letter saying I failed, NCEES was updated. It was kind of creepy, like they were watching me. 😂

I do. I looked this am on Informed Delivery so I knew it wasn’t coming today.  🙄  I took the test in SD one other time and results were next day. When I got to work, after reading the letter saying I failed, NCEES was updated. It was kind of creepy, like they were watching me. 😂
Ohhhh, I remember you now! Don't worry, you're in the LL now. You passed! Go celebrate!

Ohhhh, I remember you now! Don't worry, you're in the LL now. You passed! Go celebrate!
It’s been awhile since that test. A year and a half or so. I swore I passed last time. That was a heart breaker.  I’ll celebrate when it gets here this time! 😂

I really wanted to buy the new Xbox to celebrate, butttt since they're sold out everywhere I'm going to need something else to spurn the economy with. Maybe a new watch.

Hello,

If Texas board score is 62. What does it mean ?
Here's a link to where I tried to explain the TX score.

Briefly 70% is the curved passing score, so that gives you a little bit of an idea how close you were. But honestly, you diagnostic from NCEES is WAY more useful.

What is decoupling?
It used to be all states had a coupled process. You met all your education and experience requirements first. Then you applied to take the PE exam. If you passed, you received your license.

Over the past, I don't know, 10 years or so, many (most?) states have moved to a decoupled process. You can take the PE exam as soon as you're ready, even with no experience. After you pass the PE, and after you get the necessary experience, you apply for licensure.

What is decoupling?
It decouples the experience requirement from taking the PE exam. In most of those States, the applicant applies to take the PPE directly with NCEES, and after accruing the required experience then transfers the pass result to the State board. In those States, there appears to be some manually tweaking required as the States have to manually parse through who applied with them first (and need to be processed in a certain way), and those who went directly to NCEES and need to be "ignored" until another process is initiated.

ehh, about a dozen. From what I hear, a near majority of State boards are adamantly opposed to decoupling. 
Colorado is decoupled, sort of.

They state that by registering for the PE exam, you are certifying that you meet the experience requirement as of the date of the exam.

ehh, about a dozen. From what I hear, a near majority of State boards are adamantly opposed to decoupling. 
NY is a pain in the $&&... You proof out your experience page by page on their application and even if you give them 8 years they come back and say "no soup for you... Come back 4 more years!" 

I wish they would let you take the test for both the FE and PE and deal with the experience later...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back