October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To those who passed the civil structural exam, what was most helpful, EET or SOPE?

I think I'm going to start looking into online classes. I'm tired of failing.
I've heard great things about SoPE. I think I'm going to give it a try this go around.

To those who passed the civil structural exam, what was most helpful, EET or SOPE?

In structures, I felt like SoPE did great at prepping me for the morning, but was inadequate at truly prepping me for the afternoon.

its expensive, but you're taking the test with a hand tied behind your back if you're not doing this.

i took testmasters, but had i failed construction, i would've been taking EET.

In structures, I felt like SoPE did great at prepping me for the morning, but was inadequate at truly prepping me for the afternoon.
I appreciate the advice. I got 28 correct on AM and 18 correct on PM. What I really need help on is the afternoon section, but seems like neither of the PE courses are helpful with that. Oh well, couldn't hurt to try, right?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check out SoPE for next time. Third time's the charm

I appreciate the advice. I got 28 correct on AM and 18 correct on PM. What I really need help on is the afternoon section, but seems like neither of the PE courses are helpful with that. Oh well, couldn't hurt to try, right?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check out SoPE for next time. Third time's the charm
Absolutely! This was my first attempt, and being that I'm in FL, I still don't know how I did. With SoPE's practice exams, I was scoring between 50 and 56 out of 80, but the morning session on the big day felt easier than the practice exams. The afternoon session was a nightmare.

I took the EET course for the breadth section (disclosure: I took WRE, but still). FWIW, I think it's the best value and the printed resources were excellent, in my opinion. To be honest, I didn't even get through the entire course (I skipped a bunch of the video lectures) but was able to BS my way through the exam with the printed material alone.

I'm calling the day! Florida might not even release the result by tomorrow according to FBPE Rep. They have to manually verify those applicants that already submitted their application for licensing before the exam.  

Latest posts

Back