October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have trouble believing that CEs are the most introverted of all engineers but it seems to fit the evidence.
What I meant was CE's have  a pretty strong support system built in a lot of times, since virtually all of them take the PE and work with other PE's a lot.  The ME's and EE's and other E's, may have less of a push to get the PE (outside of the consulting world), so look for a community to be a part of?

Is there a scantron portion of the SE? I thought it was all blue book?
Morning is still multiple guess. And the afternoon comes with a scantron, not sure why. The proctor had apparently not seen an SE before, and mentioned the blank scantron to the guy next to me as he was leaving.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I meant was CE's have  a pretty strong support system built in a lot of times, since virtually all of them take the PE and work with other PE's a lot.  The ME's and EE's and other E's, may have less of a push to get the PE (outside of the consulting world), so look for a community to be a part of?
Talking about the communities of the ones who took the PE: are there a lot of takers living (and working) outside of the US? Or are we a small (<5%) percentage?

I think every got convinced that the result won’t be released until after December 15th, so that’s why it’s so quiet in here!

Do you guys think that we might get our PE results earlier than Dec 15th if the January exam gets cancelled due to COVID? 

Ehhh maybe, but I sort of doubt it. The timing isn't really there. 

Generally speaking, it's not worth the effort to consider such hypotheticals. 

Anyone else have an odd test morning?

I scoped out the test venue the day before, and planned for the next morning. I arrived on test day without issue, and was 4th in line. Then it began...

A proctor opens the door and asked, "Does everyone have their COVID Questionnaire with you and completed?" PANIC. Evidently it was sent via email by NCEES. Still not sure why I didn't get the message. It never hit my junk folder, so maybe I missed something. Ultimately, copies were distributed because I wasn't the only one. 

While the proctors were checking calculators, it was discovered that my backup was not allowed. ANXIETY. Not such a big deal. I bought it the night before only as backup in the event that my old calculator died. Completely my fault for not remembering, or at least looking up, the approved list. I did know in advance that my old calculator was on the approved list. They held the non-approved calculator up front during the exam. My old one lasted - I forgot to grab the new one before I left - I wasted $20. 

As I was cleaning my glasses, and the proctor was  about to hand me the exam... I broke my glasses in two. What would normally be a PANIC was surprisingly more of a WHATEVER. The proctors quickly grabbed some tape, although I said I'd be fine. I was appreciative. I took the exam without my glasses. This would not have been possible if the exam was computer based though. I have good vision, but my eyes tire quickly looking at the screen. I did really like those glasses though.

PANIC-ANXIETY-WHATEVER... I'm definitely still feeling the last. However, I'm sure that the emotions will be thrown into reverse during the first part of December.  

I scoped out the test venue the day before, and planned for the next morning. I arrived on test day without issue, and was 4th in line. Then it began...

A proctor opens the door and asked, "Does everyone have their COVID Questionnaire with you and completed?" PANIC. Evidently it was sent via email by NCEES. Still not sure why I didn't get the message. It never hit my junk folder, so maybe I missed something. Ultimately, copies were distributed because I wasn't the only one. 

While the proctors were checking calculators, it was discovered that my backup was not allowed. ANXIETY. Not such a big deal. I bought it the night before only as backup in the event that my old calculator died. Completely my fault for not remembering, or at least looking up, the approved list. I did know in advance that my old calculator was on the approved list. They held the non-approved calculator up front during the exam. My old one lasted - I forgot to grab the new one before I left - I wasted $20. 

As I was cleaning my glasses, and the proctor was  about to hand me the exam... I broke my glasses in two. What would normally be a PANIC was surprisingly more of a WHATEVER. The proctors quickly grabbed some tape, although I said I'd be fine. I was appreciative. I took the exam without my glasses. This would not have been possible if the exam was computer based though. I have good vision, but my eyes tire quickly looking at the screen. I did really like those glasses though.

PANIC-ANXIETY-WHATEVER... I'm definitely still feeling the last. However, I'm sure that the emotions will be thrown into reverse during the first part of December.  
What a morning! One of them will be enough to destroy my mood. Glad you made till the end. Hope you will pass and the exam will be really such a memorable exam forever. 

Wow, this is so much to deal with before the exam. I would have been a wreck, I was already anxious enough with the covid precautions. 

Wow, this is so much to deal with before the exam. I would have been a wreck, I was already anxious enough with the covid precautions. 
It may have actually helped me... It really through me into a mood of not caring about what might happen next. I'm horrible at tests. I will misspell my own name if I'm not careful - all because of nerves related to the phrase "exam". 😐

Last edited by a moderator:
I have trouble believing that CEs are the most introverted of all engineers but it seems to fit the evidence.

I get the strong impression that the scoring and release of the two exams aren't connected. Maybe the SE will come out first this administration?
That would be one for the books, SE comes out before PE?  CRAZY!

its-quiet-its-57c7f7805d.jpg

Hello, can someone suggest to me what is the best group to join for the PE Structure? how you found the October 2020 PE Structure exam is it difficult or simple? I am waiting for the result  but don't want to wait until the end of December and try to reach some good study discussion groupsThanks and good luck

I HAD A DREAM THAT I PASSED... the signature section on the scantron. The answer portion of the exam was still pending! 😒

Back