October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knowing that MN is almost certainly going to release tomorrow, I gotta say I'm still enjoying following this thread. All the excitement is great from those that passed, and for those that didn't, it's great to see that if I fail I won't be alone.

50 is a failing score this year?? Has that happened before? Ive been monitoring exam results since starting the pe/se/ca exams in 2015 and i dont remember ever seeing a 50+ failing score
i went back and looked at my notes that i gathered from this site and it looks like the cut scores for structural previously calculated to closer to 50 than 51.  take that FWIW.

Considering it's noon right now at the NCEES offices, should we not expect results right now for the 12 PM - 1 PM period?

50 is a failing score this year?? Has that happened before? Ive been monitoring exam results since starting the pe/se/ca exams in 2015 and i dont remember ever seeing a 50+ failing score
We've seen a failing score as high as 56 a few years ago.

I don't I buy that the cut score was in the low 50s for many of the recent exams. There simply wasn't a large enough sample size to properly establish the threshold.

We've seen a failing score as high as 56 a few years ago.

I don't I buy that the cut score was in the low 50s for many of the recent exams. There simply wasn't a large enough sample size to properly establish the threshold.
we don't (yet) need to do this in this thread, but there are raw structural scores posted on this site of 48 that equated to 68% and 47/67%.  i've plotted most of the reported scores from this site into excel.  again, FWIW, and don't want to derail the thread.

determining the cut score is futile. it varies between each exam type. and each exam cycle. 

Nevada (Las Vegas) test taker here: passed!!! E-mail sent at 9:02 AM.

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 9.15.09 AM.png

I took with four people - one at the same testing center as me. We both have our pass results.

The two others that I took it with in Las Vegas were at a different testing site but they still haven't received their results.... what does this mean???!?!?!?!

Considering it's noon right now at the NCEES offices, should we not expect results right now for the 12 PM - 1 PM period?
Nope.

Murphy's Law says that I could probably speed up the process on my end. My puppy is demanding a lot of attention right now. If I walk away and play with him for like 30 minutes then we'll probably see like 10 states drop in that time. 

Latest posts

Back