October 2020 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I propose a new Phase 7, @RBHeadge PE.  Frantically checking NCEES, even though you've already passed/have stamped things, terrified that they're somehow going to delete your exam and it was all a farce and you need to re-sit for the exam because you're not really an engineer:

View attachment 19118

*existential dread rises as I wait for this to be modified somehow*
What!??!?

Eff that!!

I earned this passing grade. If NCEES wants it back they'll have to pry it from my cold dead hand!

🤣 #joking #notjoking

Also plastic bags are scary.

But not semis.

So guess who is still a stressed out dog mom? 

They say 2023 or 24.  All they have to do is provide a tablet you can write on or completely restructure the exam. I hope to have it totally tackled by then.
The scuttlebutt is that they keep delaying the rollout because they haven't figured out how to convert it to CBT.

I'm certain they don't want to maintain such a massive hotel load for a test taken by only a handful of people at each location. That's one of the reasons why the Civil PE are the last the convert to CBT. Civils are close to 2/3 of all test takers, so their huge numbers justify and spread-out the costs of hosting and securing P&P exams.

What!??!?

Eff that!!

I earned this passing grade. If NCEES wants it back they'll have to pry it from my cold dead hand!

🤣 #joking #notjoking
ikr. I won't even let them take it out of my cold dead hands. I've left instructions to have P.E. on my grave marker. And not that "PE (retired)" title either.

mandatory 

pJ9HY1Q.gif

ikr. I won't even let them take it out of my cold dead hands. I've left instructions to have P.E. on my grave marker. And not that "PE (retired)" title either.
if i wanted a grave marker, i'd so do that.

i flat out told boyfriend if we marry, i'm keeping my last name since i earned my PE with that name. also i like my signature so it ain't changing lol

Louisiana:

December 2nd, if not... December 9th
Welcome fellow Louisianian 😀

Mind if I ask where you are and what you do (in general)?

I'm a Mechanical in the New Orleans area working for a manufacturing company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome fellow Louisianian 😀

Mind if I ask where you are and what you do (in general)?
West Monroe/Monroe... We do a lot of municipal, but I personally do a lot of private development. I've done a lot of subdivisions. I enjoy working directly with most developers. 

You?

West Monroe/Monroe... We do a lot of municipal, but I personally do a lot of private development. I've done a lot of subdivisions. I enjoy working directly with most developers. 

You?
I'm a Mechanical in the New Orleans area working for a manufacturing company

(I had actually edited my post to include that above but you beat me to it)

if i wanted a grave marker, i'd so do that.
I include urns under the umbrella of grave markers.

You're most likely right... However, the 2nd would put the release at 42 days (for Thursday test, which is the group I'm in).
I don't see them releasing the results in two batches. They don't do it that way for the SE. TPTB seem to prefer doing things in a single drop.

Use the Friday exam date as day zero. 

Aww

Umm

Knew it! Sorry Lycee.
Danke, we're going to the beach tonight and working on recall so that'll be good. until it gets dark. but I stole boyfriends Milwaukee headlamp, thing is insanely bright (but also technically she is supposed to be leashed once the sunsets *shrugs*) 

Back