October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For real though. I just signed up for the April 2020 exam.... I failed october 2019. my thought was it is kind of still on my mind. Should I wait until October 2020 or take it again right away. Any input would be appreciated from others that have failed. 

I took Civil transportation
My personal opinion: sit out a cycle if you can. I failed in April 2019 and took it again in October 2019 because I thought the same thing "things will still be fresh on my mind." By about September, I was already burnt out on studying, so I went into October's exam just...tired.

I am probably planning to take it again in April 2020, but only because I paid for a review course and I get to take it again for free. The kicker to that is I have to take it in the next exam cycle, aka April 2020. So no break...again. Kind of dreading it.

If that's true, it's horrifying.

The Florida stuff, I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Florida

Just spoke to Lisa M (the one and only) at FBPE on the phone, told her I heard NCEES released the results and she said they received it and it would be 2-6 weeks before they released results. said they had to go through the results review process first...

Has anyone else gotten this line or is this the terrifying truth??
WTF.  I know it takes that long for them to issue you a license number after you pass, I didn't know it took that long just to let you know the results, too.  That can't be right.  ...Can it?

*bangs head against wall*

I called her too a few minute back and got the same reply. She said they will do an Audit and then send it somewhere else to get another audit done and then the results would be released in 2-6 weeks. It is really going to suck if this happens. 
WTH!!!!! but with what time I'll study if I fail?!?!?!?! doesn't make sense 

Oct '18 - 45/80 - Civil Geotech

April '19 - 50/80 - Civil Geotech

Oct'19 - Pass - Civil Construction

For all those who fail, keep your head up! You can do it!
I have a friend who has failed Geotech twice in a row. What made you change to Construction?

Oregonians:

I emailed OSBEELS and received a reply from a person there that said that NCEES would send the results to the examinees before sending them to OSBEELS and therefore we would know before they would.

Hrmph.

Florida

Just spoke to Lisa M (the one and only) at FBPE on the phone, told her I heard NCEES released the results and she said they received it and it would be 2-6 weeks before they released results. said they had to go through the results review process first...

Has anyone else gotten this line or is this the terrifying truth??
Fake news.

Back