October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a prev. post someone expressed how burned out they were from the first round, and had a hard time dedicating the right efforts. They recommended taking a break to recover so that you can give it your best shot. 

I think it's based on the person though
@Gofacough, they're speaking about me.

If you're feeling good, take it in April. But do look at your personal situation to see if it makes sense for you. Sit on it til the new year and then sign up if it makes sense .

For real though. I just signed up for the April 2020 exam.... I failed october 2019. my thought was it is kind of still on my mind. Should I wait until October 2020 or take it again right away. Any input would be appreciated from others that have failed. 

I took Civil transportation
I would have waited to make the decision about the exam after the new year. Let the dust and feelings settle, give yourself time to evaluate if you're feelingburnt out, if you can balance everything again, etc. I've failed numerous times. And I IMMEDIATELY signed up for the next exam after my first failure and then I was so burnt out from work and studying, that I didn't study at all. I had let the emotions from my failure make a decision for me. Don't be me. 

Hey Texas folk. I'm sure this was already answered, but when are  scores posted on the Texas board website? 😂

I received the notification email saying my result is available, but when I clicked on the link and logged in, it still says "Result Pending" on my NCEES account. Is anyone having the same issue? CA, Mech - HVAC

For real though. I just signed up for the April 2020 exam.... I failed october 2019. my thought was it is kind of still on my mind. Should I wait until October 2020 or take it again right away. Any input would be appreciated from others that have failed. 

I took Civil transportation
You should wait. You will get burned out. Give yourself time to enjoy life again. Then go back in refreshed but with all that studying in your belt. My suggestion and others. 

I received the notification email saying my result is available, but when I clicked on the link and logged in, it still says "Result Pending" on my NCEES account. Is anyone having the same issue? CA, Mech - HVAC
That sounds like a nightmare.  I would be calling NCEES.

Back