October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@RBHeadge PE

you've been through these cycles what are your thoughts at the moment?

Its 3:45 PM on day 47 we are all losing our minds...i think i'm going to call it a day...maybe tomorrow....just hope i passed...if not gonna immediately register for the next test study my a$$ off and punch it in the throat next go around...just gonna make me a better Engineer....

If I pass...immediately registering and taking on the SE lets F***ing go life...
So tip from someone who failed then immediately re-registered. Sit on it for a couple of days, especially if your state doesn't require to reapply (@Will.i.am identified 7(?) states that have a re-application deadline). Evaluate if you're burn out, if you can balance everything again, etc. I immediately signed up again after my first failure and I was so burnt out from work and studying that I didn't study for that re-take

The trend I notice for previous October results is that they were posted about 2 weeks after Thanks Giving... this year thanks giving was a week later than typical, which was the case in '14 when the results also took an extra week or so... Just my two cents.
That trend doens't play because in 2013, the test and thanksgiving were the exact same dates as this year, and they got it on day 40.

The trend I notice for previous October results is that they were posted about 2 weeks after Thanks Giving... this year thanks giving was a week later than typical, which was the case in '14 when the results also took an extra week or so... Just my two cents.
I don't think the dates line up. In 2011 and 2012, results were released 3 weeks after Thanksgiving on the 24th and 22nd respectively, and in 2013 they were released just 1 week after Thanksgiving on the 28th.

EFB

Last edited by a moderator:
So tip from someone who failed then immediately re-registered. Sit on it for a couple of days, especially if your state doesn't require to reapply (@Will.i.am identified 7(?) states that have a re-application deadline). Evaluate if you're burn out, if you can balance everything again, etc. I immediately signed up again after my first failure and I was so burnt out from work and studying that I didn't study for that re-take
True dat.

@Structurebeast I took my first two attempts back to back and was totally burned out from all the studying/stress of people expecting me to pass and then not.  I skipped the April 2018 exam to go on a scheduled vacation with a friend and then, refreshed, I started studying anew with a better schedule.  Passed on the third time, but I def wanted to die after studying for almost 9-months straight when I did the back to back.  Ugh.  

That trend doens't play because in 2013, the test and thanksgiving were the exact same dates as this year, and they got it on day 40.
The difference as I understand it those years is there was no subject in need of a cut score meeting. Oct '14 is the year that most resembles this year with the exam dates, thanksgiving, and it also had a cut score meeting. Those results came out on day 52. However we have no word if the controls cut score meeting occurred.

Damn im going to miss this page when results are finally released
I mean, you can always stick around?  There are people who stay here in-between exams.  Make friends.  Even exchange dog pics.  THERE ARE DOZENS OF US.  DOZENS.

The difference as I understand it those years is there was no subject in need of a cut score meeting. Oct '14 is the year that most resembles this year with the exam dates, thanksgiving, and it also had a cut score meeting. Those results came out on day 52. However we have no word if the controls cut score meeting occurred.
That appears to be true, but Late Thanksgiving doesn't really matter for that, because they just have an extra week before Thanksgiving instead.  I just want to know for my own peace of mind

@RBHeadge PE

you've been through these cycles what are your thoughts at the moment?
I think this has the potential to be a long one. Everyone should take a deep breath and take it down a notch.

I haven't seen any of the subtle signs that a relase will happen soon. I would not be surprised to see a release late next week or even just before Christmas. 

I don't see it lasting more than 10 weeks for most test takers.

Harrassing NCEES, or your State boards, or anyone else isn't going to get the results any faster. Threatening to show up in person surely won't help anyone - and might just delay things more if they have to open an investigation...

But a month from now, most of you will have two new letters after your name, and this "delay" will just be a story to tell the next generation of engineers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want ice cream!!
Are you an adult?  Are you gainfully employed?  You too can have ice cream*!

*disclaimer, do not tell your mother you ate ice cream for dinner.  Though she lives over 800-miles away she will be upset and wonder why you are failing as an adult, didn't she raise you better?

I think this has the potential to be a long one. Everyone should take a deep breath and take it down a notch.

I haven't seen any of the subtle signs that a relase will happen soon. I would be surprised to see a release late next week or even just before Christmas. 
Is that supposed to say you wouldn't be surprised?

Back