October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will be notified when your results are available in accordance with the policies and procedures of the licensing board you selected during the registration process. The method of notification and length of time it takes to receive your results vary by licensing board. Most examinees will receive their notification via email from NCEES within 8–10 weeks with instructions to view your results through your MyNCEES account.

NCEES gave no deadline.

They do no owe us a deadline.

We are not their customers.

We are not their clients.

All they do is administer an exam that is accepted by licensing boards as the standard for measuring engineering competency.
We are someone's client here. And there is a monopoly on this "administration". That's the entire point of my argument?

I'd prefer a deadline that they have to hit or expect consequences like losing their clients. Options for test takers to pick between when they don't hit their deadlines, or if their deadlines aren't adequate.
You do realize this is a certification board and we are not customers, right?   This is also the board that can strip the license for misuse.   They do need to provide a reasonable time... which 8 to 10 weeks is just that!  We are only at 6 weeks, 5 days!  They made no other promises.   

You do realize this is a certification board and we are not customers, right?   This is also the board that can strip the license for misuse.   They do need to provide a reasonable time... which 8 to 10 weeks is just that!  We are only at 6 weeks, 5 days!  They made no other promises.   
That's the sad part of the world today. They work for the licensing board who works for US. The government is supposed to work FOR US. But that's been forgotten. If you want to practice engineering in the UNITED STATES, you have no choice but to go through these people. That's my entire point.

That window is not acceptable to us. That is what we are complaining about. We just have no recourse because government. If you can agree to that then there is no argument. But acting like we have a choice is silly and acting like 8-10 week window is fine is silly.
All of us here made it through the waiting period and survived.  

But every project i worked on had a concrete release day i never told my clients I will submit the project within a 14 day window. Everytime i missed the date I let them know in advance. Yes, we have delays but we also notify. 
Ok cool, but sometimes things can get delayed without a firm completion date, especially projects that have a field component. If site conditions are not amenable to your task, you may not have a target date.  I had to cancel monthly injections at one of my sites because site conditions were too saturated. What did I tell my client?  "We'll look at January for now." 

Great and who are the state boards clients?
Not us! Applying for a license doesn't make us a client. You have a messed up brain. A state licensing board is not a service provider, and they do not provide products. 

I'd prefer a deadline that they have to hit or expect consequences like losing their clients. Options for test takers to pick between when they don't hit their deadlines, or if their deadlines aren't adequate.
You want multiple licensing boards handling engineering exams and dishing out engineering licensing recommendations, which would presumably end up using their own standards and processes? That's a quick slippery slope to totally decimating the integrity of a P.E. license.

Not us! Applying for a license doesn't make us a client. You have a messed up brain. A state licensing board is not a service provider, and they do not provide products. 
You're saying the government is not a service provider. And I have the messed up brain. LOL its ok you can insult me it won't upset me.

Back