October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed!  I know this feeling!   I do a lot of R and D and we collaborate as a team before finalizing reports as we may have separate observations and want to document everything.   Sometimes the reports are a bit late b/c someone gets caught up in something else or gets hospitalized, a cold, etc.    Life happens.    

The website says 8 to 10 weeks for a reason and it is an in depth process.    I want to pass, but I want a fair grade more than anything.   To me, the more they are thinking about it, the more issues they possibly found with the exam and the more correct answers I'll get.    Take all the time you need NCEES... just not past 2019, please!!!!!!!    I need to know how my 2020 will start lol  
Except the CBT tests will be graded within days.

Agreed!  I know this feeling!   I do a lot of R and D and we collaborate as a team before finalizing reports as we may have separate observations and want to document everything.   Sometimes the reports are a bit late b/c someone gets caught up in something else or gets hospitalized, a cold, etc.    Life happens.    

The website says 8 to 10 weeks for a reason and it is an in depth process.    I want to pass, but I want a fair grade more than anything.   To me, the more they are thinking about it, the more issues they possibly found with the exam and the more correct answers I'll get.    Take all the time you need NCEES... just not past 2019, please!!!!!!!    I need to know how my 2020 will start lol  
Ah, thank you for understanding and being a voice of reason lol. Best of luck to you, I hope you see that green box.

No, because they are currently meeting their schedule (8-10 weeks).
That window is not acceptable to us. That is what we are complaining about. We just have no recourse because government. If you can agree to that then there is no argument. But acting like we have a choice is silly and acting like 8-10 week window is fine is silly.

The most stressful part of THE SUCK is everyone asking if I have the results yet... like they wouldn't hear me scream in triumph or agony the moment I got them.. and then their kind, but misplaced confidence that there is no way I could have failed it.
UGH. YES. THIS.

My grandma (God love her) told me back in April: "Oh, you're smart, you'll pass." But then I didn't. So when she told me that again this time, I said "Memaw, you said that last time." Her reply was "Well, I didn't mean it last time." (She's quick for 87, let me tell ya.) 😂

Has no one on here ever been on a project where you experienced (wait for it) DELAYS
But every project i worked on had a concrete release day i never told my clients I will submit the project within a 14 day window. Everytime i missed the date I let them know in advance. Yes, we have delays but we also notify. 

As a customer, 8-10 weeks is not a precise enough deadline. Now the issue is I don't have a choice and can't fire the NCEES. Which is what I'm complaining about. You guys on the other hand are defending them for their vagueness for some odd reason.
Ever deal with a lead time?   

That window is not acceptable to us. That is what we are complaining about. We just have no recourse because government. If you can agree to that then there is no argument. But acting like we have a choice is silly and acting like 8-10 week window is fine is silly.
Acting like they owe you an explanation as to why you haven't gotten your results before the window they give you is absurd.

I'd like a more honest release window. Results have been released earlier than 8 weeks for all but a couple of tests in the last fifteen years. In the past 10 years, they've typically been released before the end of week 6.
so what you are saying is, you want a window, and then you want another window that might come early as a happy surprise?

You will be notified when your results are available in accordance with the policies and procedures of the licensing board you selected during the registration process. The method of notification and length of time it takes to receive your results vary by licensing board. Most examinees will receive their notification via email from NCEES within 8–10 weeks with instructions to view your results through your MyNCEES account.

NCEES gave no deadline.

They do not owe us a deadline.

We are not their customers.

We are not their clients.

All they do is administer an exam that is accepted by licensing boards as the standard for measuring engineering competency.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a customer, 8-10 weeks is not a precise enough deadline. Now the issue is I don't have a choice and can't fire the NCEES. Which is what I'm complaining about. You guys on the other hand are defending them for their vagueness for some odd reason.
Agreed.  I think the clear inconsistency in what they say vs what actually happens makes it more vague.  We've seen results as early as 34 days, i.e. week 6.  Empirically we have a range of about 6 - 8 weeks, but they say 8 - 10 weeks.  This leaves us with realistic release times between 6 - 10 weeks.  Lol they leave plenty of room for error here.

Also, in the last 15 exams, only one has actually taken 8-10 weeks to release results.

Last edited by a moderator:
so what you are saying is, you want a window, and then you want another window that might come early as a happy surprise?
I'd prefer a deadline that they have to hit or expect consequences like losing their clients. Options for test takers to pick between when they don't hit their deadlines, or if their deadlines aren't adequate.

Back