October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cost and schedule overruns are not caused by a scantron exam that could be graded in minutes, but for whatever reason is taking 2 months. Try telling your client that the project is going to need 2 more weeks because your printer isn’t working.

Being a professional doesn’t mean being a professional engineer. I don’t think I said anything that makes me not “professional”. Unless your PE makes you a better judge of that.
There's so much more to scoring to grading a scantron though. Seriously, read up on how the exam is scored and I think it will help you get a better understanding of why this process takes awhile.  I mean, we have people on here talking about visiting the NCEES headquarters - do you honestly think they're doing this on purpose? Why would they put themselves through that?

And I recently sent a report two weeks late to a client because the technical person on my team responsible for reviewing the report was wrapped up on a proposal and was completely ghosting me (not answering my calls, emails, or anything -and he sits 1600 miles away from me, so couldn't just pop into his office to see what was up.) Shit happens.

No. That won't accomplish anything and it will appear threatening.

They do say when it should be released: 8-10 weeks. We aren't there yet.

I guess you've never worked on a real project? Real projects have cost and schedule overruns. It's more important to complete the project fully, safely, and to spec then it is to throw nonsense out there that can cause harm.

No, only some of us on/reading this thread are professionals. The rest want to become professionals. You however are not behaving like a professional. You want to be a professional engineer? Calm down, stay rational, and start acting professional!
2tfsx4.jpg

Seems a bit condescending to state that without professional engineering licensure you aren't a professional in a workspace, which is what the user you quoted was implying. A bit rude.
yep, gatekeeping.

Last edited by a moderator:
my buddy passed his exam a year and half ago...got his email around 4/5 pm right after he got fired for not signing a non compete....sooo if we do find out today there's a chance we dont find out until 4/5pm..
Why he got fired for not signing that?? What's that non-compete?

Back