October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incoming all the white knights on here that think we should be happy they are willing to grace us with a result at all anytime in the future. Just be grateful!
I bet if no one signs up and pays $350 for the next exam, they’ll be forced to get it together.

+ 734 Guest

Sup.

Will someone seriously go to the NCEES headquarters? This is ridiculous! I’m beyond phase 100 now, it’s called ballistic! They should at the very least tell you when results are released. And it should be the same every year. If they don’t meet before the deadline, they should all fire themselves. We’re all professionals, if we can wake up everyday and design and build skyscrapers and bridges, they should be able to release a darn scantron  exam result. There’s no point to all these guessing.
It's an exam that's administered across multiple disciplines across multiple states. I'm sure you can appreciate all the factors that would go into the administration of an exam at that level and how it wouldn't be easy to have a simple ~~release date~~ every year.

It's an exam that's administered across multiple disciplines across multiple states. I'm sure you can appreciate all the factors that would go into the administration of an exam at that level and how it wouldn't be easy to have a simple ~~release date~~ every year.
It’s 2019. Do you really think what you just said is true? Come on now.

Not to mention if they did have a simple date for release it would have soooo much padding in that we'd wait much, much longer.  My guess if they had a guaranteed release date that it would be AT LEAST 10 weeks from test date (maybe more to add extra contingency) and they would NOT release before that date. I guess that it would maybe be better since it would remove the unknown factor, but at the expense of a longer wait time.

Will someone seriously go to the NCEES headquarters?
No. That won't accomplish anything and it will appear threatening.

This is ridiculous! I’m beyond phase 100 now, it’s called ballistic! They should at the very least tell you when results are released.
They do say when it should be released: 8-10 weeks. We aren't there yet.

And it should be the same every year. If they don’t meet before the deadline, they should all fire themselves.
I guess you've never worked on a real project? Real projects have cost and schedule overruns. It's more important to complete the project fully, safely, and to spec then it is to throw nonsense out there that can cause harm.

This is ridiculous! I’m beyond phase 100 now, it’s called ballistic! They should at the very least tell you when results are released. And it should be the same every year. If they don’t meet before the deadline, they should all fire themselves. We’re all professionals, if we can wake up everyday and design and build skyscrapers and bridges, they should be able to release a darn scantron  exam result. There’s no point to all these guessing.
No, only some of us on/reading this thread are professionals. The rest want to become professionals. You however are not behaving like a professional. You want to be a professional engineer? Calm down, stay rational, and start acting professional!

images

^ Me whenever I go to press F5

I had a dream that an honest to god NCEES employee was a regular poster on here was able to confirm passing or not for people on here a day before they were officially released, and we knew they were legit because they had a track record in previous years. How they weren’t fired by NCEES my dream brain didn’t know. 

Not to mention if they did have a simple date for release it would have soooo much padding in that we'd wait much, much longer.  My guess if they had a guaranteed release date that it would be AT LEAST 10 weeks from test date (maybe more to add extra contingency) and they would NOT release before that date. I guess that it would maybe be better since it would remove the unknown factor, but at the expense of a longer wait time.
I would honestly rather have a longer waiting period than guess everyday.

No, only some of us on/reading this thread are professionals. The rest want to become professionals. You however are not behaving like a professional. You want to be a professional engineer? Calm down, stay rational, and start acting professional!
Seems a bit condescending to state that without professional engineering licensure you aren't a professional in a workspace, which is what the user you quoted was implying. A bit rude.

Last edited by a moderator:
my buddy passed his exam a year and half ago...got his email around 4/5 pm right after he got fired for not signing a non compete....sooo if we do find out today there's a chance we dont find out until 4/5pm..
Results are released during typical working hours EST.

830a-430p. And can be released at any time during that time frame. 

No. That won't accomplish anything and it will appear threatening.

They do say when it should be released: 8-10 weeks. We aren't there yet.

I guess you've never worked on a real project? Real projects have cost and schedule overruns. It's more important to complete the project fully, safely, and to spec then it is to throw nonsense out there that can cause harm.

Cost and schedule overruns are not caused by a scantron exam that could be graded in minutes, but for whatever reason is taking 2 months. Try telling your client that the project is going to need 2 more weeks because your printer isn’t working.

Being a professional doesn’t mean being a professional engineer. I don’t think I said anything that makes me not “professional”. Unless your PE makes you a better judge of that.

Cost and schedule overruns are not caused by a scantron exam that could be graded in minutes, but for whatever reason is taking 2 months. Try telling your client that the project is going to need 2 more weeks because your printer isn’t working.

Being a professional doesn’t mean being a professional engineer. I don’t think I said anything that makes me not “professional”. Unless your PE makes you a better judge of that.
Go read through the earlier pages. It's more than "just" a scantron. 

Back