October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+ 734 Guest

8-10 week is English for 8-10 weeks.  Meaning results can come in week 8, week 9, or week 10 following the exam sit date.

Hell, maybe they'll delay it even further since its an approximate?
Exactly, from what I've seen... NCEES says "usually" or "typically" within 8-10 weeks.  Those suckas can easily go past 10 weeks and no one could say a thing.

I'm teetering between phase 5 (anger) and going full circle back to phase 1 (calm). I have bouts of anger at NCEES for not having some sort of set date for a deadline like every other professional organization would have. I am also at peace with my results and am ready to just move on to either getting a promotion at work or getting back to studying. I also can't wait to get this stupid suitcase of manuals out of my office. 

my buddy passed his exam a year and half ago...got his email around 4/5 pm right after he got fired for not signing a non compete....sooo if we do find out today there's a chance we dont find out until 4/5pm..

Will someone seriously go to the NCEES headquarters? This is ridiculous! I’m beyond phase 100 now, it’s called ballistic! They should at the very least tell you when results are released. And it should be the same every year. If they don’t meet before the deadline, they should all fire themselves. We’re all professionals, if we can wake up everyday and design and build skyscrapers and bridges, they should be able to release a darn scantron  exam result. There’s no point to all these guessing.

Exactly, from what I've seen... NCEES says "usually" or "typically" within 8-10 weeks.  Those suckas can easily go past 10 weeks and no one could say a thing.
They think their shit is blowing up now.. if they wait that long they will have so many phone calls/chat messages they wouldn't know what to do with them.

The problem is they are a non-profit organization with literally zero competition in their field of service.  Basically, they can do whatever they want.
Even so. It’s called decency, dignity, professionalism. Why do something if you can’t do it well?

The problem is they are a non-profit organization with literally zero competition in their field of service.  Basically, they can do whatever they want.
Incoming all the white knights on here that think we should be happy they are willing to grace us with a result at all anytime in the future. Just be grateful!

Back