October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So in the past 6-7 weeks I have:

- Interviewed for a job week before PE

- Taken the PE

Results of both are expected this week. Anxiety levels have not been higher. 

This was my 4th attempt at the PE Power. This afternoon session felt the worst out of all the other times I took it. There was a lot of problems I hadn't seen before.. In any event, as usual, I did whatever I could. I just pray that luck is on my side this time... 😕 . anybody else feel this way for Power PE? 
I just wanted to offer my two cents. I passed PE Power in my 3rd attempt last April. The depression is real! Especially once you look at the pass rate. It is brutal. I was almost ready to give up (which is something totally out of character for me), I don't know what kept me going!  

As cliche as it may sound - Keep at it and NEVER give up! It is just an exam. A horribly fxxxxxg one - but just an exam. You will pass and this horrible phase of life will pass too. Sorry for the aggressive words - you see I am still working through the damage this fxxxxxg exam did to me 😂

If we're having Shrodinger's cat then we can also have Pavlov's dog.  Instead of salivating for treats when a bell rings, we have mini-strokes and heart palpitations when we get e-mail notifications.  Hopefully the "conditioning" isn't permanent. 

As soon as I left the test I said I was Schrodinger's Engineer-only NCEES knew, so +1 for that phase beong added. 

If we're having Shrodinger's cat then we can also have Pavlov's dog.  Instead of salivating for treats when a bell rings, we have mini-strokes and heart palpitations when we get e-mail notifications.  Hopefully the "conditioning" isn't permanent. 
beginning to think this is all a case study on modern day torment

So in the past 6-7 weeks I have:

- Interviewed for a job week before PE

- Taken the PE

Results of both are expected this week. Anxiety levels have not been higher. 
thats a very long interview period. granted i havent interviewed in 9 years... 

Back