October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say its likely we can take solace in this:

NCEES probably has a goal of getting the results released before Christmas break.  

Pretty sure they think we will understand if it is after the new year.   I mean, they need a winter break too... right?    :)  

I'm in the phase when I passed the exam last year, got my PE license, got my stamp, and not using it at all. What phase is that? I'm going to call it Phase 8.7

Yeah honestly the only thing I will ever end up stamping is the occasional Transportation Impact Analysis, but those two letters are so much more fancy than EIT. Also you can legally say you are an engineer, so that counts for something. 
I work for a manufacturing company. Nothing we do requires stamping. One of my coworkers said, "Why are you getting your PE license? What are you going to stamp?" And I replied, "My resume." LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the phase when I passed the exam last year, got my PE license, got my stamp, and not using it at all. What phase is that? I'm going to call it Phase 8.7
Have you at least tested the stamp to see whether it works/how it looks? And then incinerating the paper and sprinkled the ashes in a large body of water to avoid revocation of license?

ncees.JPG.a27338470fcc9adf7787865b1752594a.JPG

has anyone asked this vital question.. .like last year? seeing this actually helped me calm down because I knew it was coming soon. Ironically when they asked this the posting date was that day for results.

I've posted about this earlier in the thread, but about 6 states require examinees to reapply each time they want to retake the exam, if they fail. Two of these states (Maine and Rhode Island) have deadlines of December 31 and January 1. I believe NCEES will try to accommodate these deadlines. That timeframe also correlates with the 10 week mark, so there's a good chance that results will come before then... Or shortly thereafter.

has anyone asked this vital question.. .like last year? seeing this actually helped me calm down because I knew it was coming soon. Ironically when they asked this the posting date was that day for results.
Numerous people on here have... And they've all heard back 8-10 weeks.

Have you at least tested the stamp to see whether it works/how it looks? And then incinerating the paper and sprinkled the ashes in a large body of water to avoid revocation of license?
Oh, I have stamped SO MANY random pieces of scratch paper and then destroyed them. LOL. It's fun.

I had to sign a permission slip for my son for school. I asked him if he wanted me to stamp it, he said no. I was sad.
(For the record, I wouldn't actually do that because rules.) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the results will be released by December 20th. I am fine with that.

I am pass Phase 4 and in the "Don't Care" Phase.

Back