October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Initial releases. Should be any time...

2018- Day 40

2017- Day 38

2016- Day 41

2015- Day 42

2014- Day 52

2013- Day 40

2012- Day 47

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, all this waiting just to be told to probably take it again
giphy.gif

I'm sorry if I've missed this, but what inclines you to think that their the sole party responsible for the cut score?
NCEES doesn't publish prep materials for the Controls exam. This link shows they defer to ISA:

https://ncees.org/exams/exam-preparation-materials/exam-prep-materials/

Also, on the ISA press release page, it shows they indeed publish the reference manual for use during the PE Controls exam. 1 + 1 likely equals 2 here. But nothing is for certain.

I read another thread on reddit that said the cut score meeting was last 12/5-12/7. Which should give us results this week.
The reddit thread discusses the SE scoring meeting, which had dates posted.  The PE Control systems did not have a date listed anywhere.

NCEES doesn't publish prep materials for the Controls exam. This link shows they defer to ISA:

https://ncees.org/exams/exam-preparation-materials/exam-prep-materials/

Also, on the ISA press release page, it shows they indeed publish the reference manual for use during the PE Controls exam. 1 + 1 likely equals 2 here. But nothing is for certain.

But it is NCEES process, and NCEES exam, and NCEES meeting.
This is what I was thought. I couldn't imagine NCEES dishing out total responsibility for a test that it puts its professional name on to a third party organization. I'd imagine everything would be set by NCEES, even if they use others' reference information. 

This is what I was thought. I couldn't imagine NCEES dishing out total responsibility for a test that it puts its professional name on to a third party organization. I'd imagine everything would be set by NCEES, even if they use others' reference information. 
Agreed. It would be strange to me though if ISA wasn't a needed presence for this long discussed Controls cut-score meeting. I mean, ISA provides reference material for examinees directly through the NCEES website. It seems likely to me that the subject matter experts (PE's) for the Controls exam review are high up on the chain at ISA. Or at least, they should be.

Got a response from the NCEES rep (5 days later).  He did not answer when the controls meeting will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
NCEES works with the various professional societies on the respective exams. I'm oversimplifying it here, but the societies provide or help find the necessary subject matter expertise for the various exam related meetings, and make "recommendations" to NCEES.

NCEES works with the various professional societies on the respective exams. I'm oversimplifying it here, but the societies provide or help find the necessary subject matter expertise for the various exam related meetings, and make "recommendations" to NCEES.
Probably quite similar to how my 500+ page reports are really only 'recommendations' as to whether a proposed design can survive operating conditions.

I have decided that I need to resign myself to only checking this site once an hour, every hour... not once a minute, every minute. lol y'all wish me luck!

Back