October 2019 P.E. ELECTRICAL POWER

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the question that appeared twice, if you answered it correctly twice wouldn't you effectively be penalized if one was thrown out due to NCEES' testmaker's oversight? To me it just wouldn't seem fair. What are you all's thoughts. I also feel as though it was not an accident.
tenor.gif

…..Pm session was hard mainly code related question...

...There were at least double the amount of code questions than what the specification
...And why so much code related?..

I knew the exam was going to have a lot of theoretical question but I was extremely surprised on so many common types of questions not show up.
PE-Power Examinees,

In summary: code related questions disguised as theoretical/conceptual questions and the reverse could also be true, roughly speaking. 

Quiero que cuides tu salud y Buena suerte!

Sinceramente,

@Dean Agnostic

Future Computer-Based-Testing Power Examinees: "Piece of Cake!"

Vs.

NCEES CBT Test Makers: "Not so fast young Blood!" 

tenor.gif

Passed in NC. I took Zach Stone's course and studied for around 350 hours including 5 full length practice exams. The whole time I was wondering if I was overstudying and wasting my time but I can say now I don't regret it one bit and recommend everyone do the same. For anyone thinking of taking a course, I'd highly recommend it. A structured course with a good instructor will teach you how to study and keep you focused on what matters for the exam. I'll be recommending Zach's course because that's what I took and it was great but I'm sure any course will be beneficial.

Passed in NC. I took Zach Stone's course and studied for around 350 hours including 5 full length practice exams. The whole time I was wondering if I was overstudying and wasting my time but I can say now I don't regret it one bit and recommend everyone do the same. For anyone thinking of taking a course, I'd highly recommend it. A structured course with a good instructor will teach you how to study and keep you focused on what matters for the exam. I'll be recommending Zach's course because that's what I took and it was great but I'm sure any course will be beneficial.
Congrats!

Does Zach's course have a class schedule or is in at your own pace?

Congratulations to all of those who have passed so far. If you haven't passed then remember to try, try again. I had to take it twice.

Also, remember to post your results here.

Yes.

I went through the course myself (don't have results yet).

He's got a boatload of material behind a paywall that's go at your own pace. When you pay for that, you can access to his online course which is held once a week. And he lists the modules from the rest of the site as pre-req's for each class. 

He has online modules for each major subject based on the Exam spec that you complete at your own pace, and also he does I think 11 4 hour live classes, once a week, leading up to the exam. Each module for the online course has multiple sections. In each section he has a bunch of 5-10 minute videos that cover a single topic or a single problem. These videos build on each other until the end of that section. At the end of the section he has all required formulas for your reference material and also a 10 question or so quiz with extremely detailed answers.

His live class will cover one topic a week and you get printouts prior that you follow along with. There is a chat that's super interactive and he'll ask or answer questions with it along the way and other engineers will chime in if they're experienced with your question.

He also has discussion boards for asking questions and receiving help with problems.

The thing I really liked about Zach's course is that he has a wealth of knowledge for test taking strategies so that you utilize all your time and don't make careless errors. He's constantly reminding you to show all work and write all units and vector hat.

Failed in NC, 47/80
I took it for the first time in October 2018 made a 47/80. Took it my second time in April 2019 made a 49/80.  Still awaiting results from this test.  I do not feel like I passed though. It’s a tough test for sure.  I did take Zach’s course for this test and it was very good.  I just don’t know if it made the difference.  We shall see.

He has online modules for each major subject based on the Exam spec that you complete at your own pace, and also he does I think 11 4 hour live classes, once a week, leading up to the exam. Each module for the online course has multiple sections. In each section he has a bunch of 5-10 minute videos that cover a single topic or a single problem. These videos build on each other until the end of that section. At the end of the section he has all required formulas for your reference material and also a 10 question or so quiz with extremely detailed answers.

His live class will cover one topic a week and you get printouts prior that you follow along with. There is a chat that's super interactive and he'll ask or answer questions with it along the way and other engineers will chime in if they're experienced with your question.

He also has discussion boards for asking questions and receiving help with problems.

The thing I really liked about Zach's course is that he has a wealth of knowledge for test taking strategies so that you utilize all your time and don't make careless errors. He's constantly reminding you to show all work and write all units and vector hat.
The vector hat and diagrams helped me understand the concepts and avoid errors for the circuit analysis problems.  I just feel disappointed I spent a LOT of time getting my circuit analysis down pat, along with the MVA method and power factor correction but it wasn't covered as much on the exam as I thought.  But I'm still glad I put in as much time as I did.  Whether I pass or fail I can say I did my best.

1st time taker Pass NC! studied probably 400 hours. Congrats to those who have already seen they have passed and best of luck to those still waiting.

Congrats to all who passed, waiting on FL. I need to move all my meetings to today so I can actually be at least a little productive.

Back