October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this class comes with a rented violin
This is great as long as it's a fairly decent violin. Sometimes the cheaper violins are hard to tune/play and may discourage young learners from pursuing it further, thinking that they're all like that. I shopped for months before settling on my current fiddle.

This is great as long as it's a fairly decent violin. Sometimes the cheaper violins are hard to tune/play and may discourage young learners from pursuing it further, thinking that they're all like that. I shopped for months before settling on my current fiddle.
Yeah I remember having a rented sax during my first year. I got a new instrument during my second year of playing and it was like night and day. Playing seemed effortless. 

So it's official. Lil Robot is starting violin lessons in January. So much adorable screeching and I can't wait. I love music. I hope she loves it too.

I play:

Trumpet (not in a long long time)

B-flat Clarinet

Alto Saxophone 

Anybody else play an instrument??
I got a hand-me-down flute from my cousin.

Attempted guitar.

Switched to violin. Violin was the easiest thing for me to grasp.

I was 2nd to last chair of second violin tho.

I also only picked up violin in HS for a music/arts credit. I was late to "intro to strings" by 1min and got the violin instead of the contra-bass (aka upright bass) or cello. 

I don't play now tho. 

Purple is a bad wedding color. It doesn't match well; makes things difficult for the groomsmen and dates of the bridesmaids.
They're going dark purple/royal kinda grape with gold as accent colors.  Not me wedding, not my problem.  Just trying to round up people to make sure stuff happens in a slightly timely manner.

Man, I definitely don't live up to being middle class. 
Wait, are we supposed to live up to middle class? I want to live up to being away from people...most people. Like a poor farmer or something. I live I guess like middle class. Could live like a rich person, but that life sucks. The whole hit song line “surrounded but still alone” is so true. I have many fair weather friends, but not many down and out, call you when something’s wrong friends.

So it's official. Lil Robot is starting violin lessons in January. So much adorable screeching and I can't wait. I love music. I hope she loves it too.

I play:

Trumpet (not in a long long time)

B-flat Clarinet

Alto Saxophone 

Anybody else play an instrument??
I used to play oboe and flute but then switched to opera.

My dad is a band teacher, so me and my siblings all 'played' something, but we didn't stick with it due to repressed childhood trauma of beginner alto sax at 8am on Saturday mornings.

I got a hand-me-down flute from my cousin.

Attempted guitar.

Switched to violin. Violin was the easiest thing for me to grasp.

I was 2nd to last chair of second violin tho.

I also only picked up violin in HS for a music/arts credit. I was late to "intro to strings" by 1min and got the violin instead of the contra-bass (aka upright bass) or cello. 

I don't play now tho. 
I played violin in middle school! Then got moved over to viola in high school because my arms were so long and awkward for even a full-size violin.  Why do the first violinists get the melodies though :( I would get so bored with the viola parts sometimes.

I'm left-handed and hand placement on the neck made more sense/was easier for me than flute & guitar. I had a right handed teacher for guitar but I had a left handed guitar and I'm pretty sure he was high some of the time 
Everyone in my house is a lefty, except me. It’s awkward, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back