October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I was feeling ok this morning. Til I realized that April was released at 38 days, read the WTTS thread, and saw all of @Will.I.Am's GIFs.

Logically I know that I can't compare this cycle to last cycle (or other cycles) since the holidays lined up differently. And logically, I know they're gonna come out whenever TF they want to. But I'm starting to feel a bit anxious. And I can't run til maybe tomorrow night, pending how this 2nd storm rolls thru
might be time for some sort of body weight workout challenge to redirect our energy. 

plank a day? 100 squats a day? 

might be time for some sort of body weight workout challenge to redirect our energy. 

plank a day? 100 squats a day? 
I'm gonna try to get a trainer ride in tonight after the osteopath and I've got a new lifting program to start tomorrow.

I just prefer running.

I also prefer not being hit by snow plows 

link me. maybe I can gather some info to help me explain this to her. 

She's in love with this book called Noodlehead Nightmares. The noodles, Mac and Mac, talk about how they are "kinda scared". That word trips her up every time.
I imagine most of the irregular spellings is in dialog, correct?  Phonetic writing in dialogue can be tricky.  I try to explain it to my son that the author attempting to convey different people's speaking patterns.  

In addition, there are some words that are more often combined when speaking (kind of -- kinda, sort of -- sorta, etc.) and using those 'made up words' demonstrates how a person speaks.  We don't all speak correctly all the time 😃 

"I am going to get a salad for lunch." sounds more formal.

"I'm getting a salad for lunch." informal, grammatically correct.

"I'm gettin' a salad for lunch." informal, grammatically incorrect, convey's an inflection.

If I find a good website that explains this concept for children I'll let you know. 

I actually have the opposite problem with 1 child.  She has a speech impediment and spells everything phonetically HER WAY.  She loves to write, but its a challenge to read.  

I get tired of eating seafood around this time of year. 

we have lobster mac and cheese at home (I made it). 

i'm eating shrimp and crab soup right now and the most enjoyable part is the toasted croissant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back