October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I played violin in middle school! Then got moved over to viola in high school because my arms were so long and awkward for even a full-size violin.  Why do the first violinists get the melodies though :( I would get so bored with the viola parts sometimes.
I got nothing, I sat way in the back. The orchestra director didn't really like me either 

I used to play oboe and flute but then switched to opera.

My dad is a band teacher, so me and my siblings all 'played' something, but we didn't stick with it due to repressed childhood trauma of beginner alto sax at 8am on Saturday mornings.
lol see? I don't want to turn into that parent. Just introduce it to her and get her familiar with practicing something and witnessing the tangible result of getting better.

I think it helped me with math somehow.

lol see? I don't want to turn into that parent. Just introduce it to her and get her familiar with practicing something and witnessing the tangible result of getting better.

Hahahahaha, oh, dad never forced us to learn to play.  He was very like you, that if we really liked/enjoyed it and practiced we would continue.  Unfortunately, we liked to practice horseback riding and video games more than instruments.  Though I did get really serious with the opera (mostly because I didn't need to worry about keeping my reed moist/fucking up my double reed/learning how to make my own reeds).

And music = math!!!!  GIVE ME THAT SIXTEENTH NOTE IN 3/4 TIME

i mean, she'll get the recorder in like 3rd grade... 

But that kid is set on being in choir. After going to her big sis’s last concert and hearing the HS kids sing.

Wait, are we supposed to live up to middle class? I want to live up to being away from people...most people. Like a poor farmer or something. I live I guess like middle class. Could live like a rich person, but that life sucks. The whole hit song line “surrounded but still alone” is so true. I have many fair weather friends, but not many down and out, call you when something’s wrong friends.
I feel like I should? All my family growing up was blue collar, and I'm "white collar middle class" according to them. Doesn't feel like it. 

Hahahahaha, oh, dad never forced us to learn to play.  He was very like you, that if we really liked/enjoyed it and practiced we would continue.  Unfortunately, we liked to practice horseback riding and video games more than instruments.  Though I did get really serious with the opera (mostly because I didn't need to worry about keeping my reed moist/fucking up my double reed/learning how to make my own reeds).

And music = math!!!!  GIVE ME THAT SIXTEENTH NOTE IN 3/4 TIME
As overbearing as my parents can be, the one thing they were relatively chill with was making me practice.  They never told me to practice, so I never did :p

That sucks! I had my share of overtime before Thanksgiving so happy to leave at a normal time.
Meh, it's not that bad. This is the first time in two years that my schedule took me outside of RBH for a non-emergency.

Tomorrow will be a normal nine hour day, but it will be a busy day. Super easy schedule and workload the rest of the year.

even though it's a futile exercise, yes I've logged in to my-ncees and yes i'm hitting F5 ever so often... 

i'd rather hit the button and shock myself with the results rather than get an email that I get to mull over and freak out about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back