October 2018 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I do appreciate the update. Sometimes, it's a horror, I know, the store doesn't have White Claw in stock, so it's good to know of another alternative that doesn't taste like crap.

New thing for me to worry about: Am I having too much or too little being withheld from my paycheck?  I used the little W4 worksheet when I started working, but according to the IRA website; I'm going to owe $600, according to turbo tax, I'm going to get $400.  Neither asked about my HSA.  This is befuddling and I will be researching, because I don't mind owing money, as long as it's not something ridiculous?  I don't own a house/I rent, so it's never been worth it for me to get an accountant.  Maybe I should start poking my head into that.
Hi there! Long time EB reader...1st time poster. Thought I'd add to the spam... since I'm going a little stir crazy waiting for my SE results.

Have you tried this calculator from the IRS? https://apps.irs.gov/app/withholdingcalculator/index.jsp

It'll tell you what you'll owe or get back at the end of the year, and how to configure your withholdings for the rest of the year, if you need/want to adjust your return/refund. It also has a spot for your 401k and HSA... just make sure to check the boxes for the "tax deferred retirement plan" (for your 401k) and the "cafeteria or other pre-tax plan" (for your HSA/FSA deductions) under the General Information section on Page 2. I mis-understood those boxes at first, and got a bit of a scare about how much I could have owed! :blink:

ALSO i dont even know how long ago the exam was

AND it's 137 days until april 2019 exam 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back