October 2018 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In general its slow around the office for me. I've got a huge deliverable due in three weeks, so I've got intermediate stuff to get done this week. Nothing challenging.

Nut mostly I'm using this slow and quiet week to do all the mandatory annual training, and the last few PDH for my license renewal.

Is it bad that I'm getting nervous I didn't pass (first time I'm feeling it post-exam) specifically because I keep getting emails from PPI saying I should enroll/prices are down for their classes?
Firstly, welcome to stage 3. This is normal. seriously did no-one read the welcome to the suck thread?

The PPI emails mean nothing. I'm still getting those, nearly four years after I passed, and always for classes and books NOT in my discipline.

On the same note, you shouldn't read into any emails and snail mail offering PDH classes. They send out mailers to everyone on states' lists, regardless of passing. It really stung to get one of those in the mail 6 months after I learned I failed.

I am all moved into my office now! Feels surreal. If I am not in the field when the results come out, it feels good now that I can close the door and cry when I see the score. :D   :(  
Crying of joy when you see that you passed?

If out in the field, you could go someplace secluded before checking the website.

My office is all an open floor plan. I had to call my fiance and have him check for me. It was agony that ended in elation.

Even our conference room is a glass-walled space with semi-sheer curtains we never use.

My office is all an open floor plan. I had to call my fiance and have him check for me. It was agony that ended in elation.
The rumor is we are going to an open floor plan, so I'll enjoy it while I can. LOL.  I'm glad it all worked out, understandable that you wouldn't want to check the score with everyone around you.

I give you kudos if you can wait all the way until you're home, @txjennah! I thought that my third time around, but I think I only lasted about half an hour or maybe 45 minutes before calling him. He, of course, pulled my leg before actually giving me the results. Long silence, then said something like, "I see two boxes. One is colored. Which one is it supposed to be to say that you passed?"

I give you kudos if you can wait all the way until you're home, @txjennah! I thought that my third time around, but I think I only lasted about half an hour or maybe 45 minutes before calling him. He, of course, pulled my leg before actually giving me the results. Long silence, then said something like, "I see two boxes. One is colored. Which one is it supposed to be to say that you passed?"
Oh noooo LOL!! My heart would have flown outside of my chest.  You are right, I probably won't be able to wait!

If I'm in the office to get the results, the person who had this space before I did left a bottle of scotch here.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know for certain, but I do know that the two times I failed, I got stuff in the mail from PPI saying to sign up for their classes before I got my results... And the time I passed, I didn't get anything from them. But that's just anecdotal evidence.
ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE IS THE BEST EVIDENCE; I scream while listening to true crime podcasts.  And I'm sure PPI doesn't know my results, especially since they keep sending me stuff for structural/civil.

Also, I have decided to attempt a cinnamon star and a hazelnut-almond dacquoise for the holidays.  I will begin baking on Wednesday and we'll see what happens.

I don't know for certain, but I do know that the two times I failed, I got stuff in the mail from PPI saying to sign up for their classes before I got my results... And the time I passed, I didn't get anything from them. But that's just anecdotal evidence.
this is my least favorite thing i've read all day.

although PPI has sent me a whole mix of emails.. "the FE is coming up, are you ready?" "congrats, you're a PE. here's what's next" "the enviro is going to CBT in April. Are you ready?" 

emotional fucking rollercoaster.

cc: @JayKay0914

I had to take Dec. 7 off for personal reasons - I hope the results come out that day when I'm not in the office. Seems unlikely on a Friday though. I'm betting it'll be closer to Dec. 12.

New thing for me to worry about: Am I having too much or too little being withheld from my paycheck?  I used the little W4 worksheet when I started working, but according to the IRA website; I'm going to owe $600, according to turbo tax, I'm going to get $400.  Neither asked about my HSA.  This is befuddling and I will be researching, because I don't mind owing money, as long as it's not something ridiculous?  I don't own a house/I rent, so it's never been worth it for me to get an accountant.  Maybe I should start poking my head into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back