October 2018 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In that they're too skittish this session?

Not posting enough? In this thread, or in general?

I think things will start to really pick up next Tuesday, as people realize that the six week mark is approaching. The 29th through 11th? should be fun.
Just no dedication to spam. They just don't get it.

New thing for me to worry about: Am I having too much or too little being withheld from my paycheck?  I used the little W4 worksheet when I started working, but according to the IRA website; I'm going to owe $600, according to turbo tax, I'm going to get $400.  Neither asked about my HSA. 

This is befuddling and I will be researching, because I don't mind owing money, as long as it's not something ridiculous?  I don't own a house/I rent, so it's never been worth it for me to get an accountant.  Maybe I should start poking my head into that.
IRA?? Do you mean the IRS? IRA for retirement? or Irish Republican Army?

On a more serious note, I'm having similar problems. I'm either overpaying by 600, or underpaying by 400. The biggest confusion is the weird as payperiods my employer has this tax year.

There wasn't a lot of time to issue proper guidance to employers and financial institutions with the new tax law. The ensuing chaos was predictable.

HSA should mean you overpaid during the year.

If you/I underpaid, it won't be that much and won't have to pay a penalty. It doesn't sound like you'll need to hire help to do your taxes.

IRA?? Do you mean the IRS? IRA for retirement? or Irish Republican Army?

On a more serious note, I'm having similar problems. I'm either overpaying by 600, or underpaying by 400. The biggest confusion is the weird as payperiods my employer has this tax year.

There wasn't a lot of time to issue proper guidance to employers and financial institutions with the new tax law. The ensuing chaos was predictable.

HSA should mean you overpaid during the year.

If you/I underpaid, it won't be that much and won't have to pay a penalty. It doesn't sound like you'll need to hire help to do your taxes.
YES.  Sorry, I meant the IRS website.  My fingers are getting a little confused, because I do have an IRA and a 401k, and both websites kinda ignored both?  And I totally agree that there wasn't a lot of time to issue proper guidance!  They were just like "BLAH figure it out!" and now that it's the end of the year, I want to make my taxes as simple as possible for the start of the year.

Usually my 401k/HSA mean I overpay, but I had a couple months this year where I didn't have either due to changing jobs (the job I was at required 6 months before I could start my 401k, I left, and the new job said I could start my 401k immediately the following first of the month).  I think I'm just worried about the penalty, which only happens if I owe $1k+ (I believe).  I think I'll be fine, but it's just one of those things that I was suddenly like, "Oh.  I wonder if things got fucked up due to the new tax laws."

In that they're too skittish this session?

Not posting enough? In this thread, or in general?

I think things will start to really pick up next Tuesday, as people realize that the six week mark is approaching. The 29th through 11th? should be fun.
Must have more spam.

about the penalty, which only happens if I owe $1k+ (I believe).  I think I'll be fine, but it's just one of those things that I was suddenly like, "Oh.  I wonder if things got fucked up due to the new tax laws."
It's $1k, or a certain fraction of your income, which probably doesn't apply here.

The new law has me a little paranoid too, because a big chunk of my previous deductions no longer apply and could work against me this year.

as the unofficial white claw ambassador, i will forever stay loyal to that brand... however...

i tried some of svedka's spiked seltzer this weekend and was VERY surprised at how good it was. Please note that I take spiked seltzer very seriously and have tried upwards of 5 different brands. 

white claw is still my #1 but i would gladly purchase svedka's if was in a pinch. 

Tops  :bananalama:

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh it's SO GOOD AND DOESN'T GIVE YOU HANGOVERS ^ (unless you drink like 10 then you're on your own)

but you don't need to stay SUPER hydrated if you drink white claw! that's why it's so magical!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back