October 2017 15K, or get Matt267 PE banned, SPAM thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get inside, and call my friend to ask what her apartment number is. I get the number, and head up to apartment 201.

I turn one way down the hall, and see that that end has 211 and 212. 211 was getting moved into, so a lady popped her head out and confirmed that 201 was at the other end of the hall.

The door opens, and a guy in his probably mid-thirties appears. A little surprised, I say, "Hi! Is this Brittney's apartment?"

(Note: typically no dudes are present for our bookclub meetings, hence my surprise)

Last edited by a moderator:
I say, "Crap, am I in the wrong building?"

He says, "What building do you think you are in?"

I apologize for knocking randomly on this guy's door. I then backtrack outside and double check that there is no number visible on the building.

I see no number to confirm that that building was 1840! How the heck was I supposed to know?

I then go to the next building, which, like 1850, clearly states its address: 1830. I then have to call my friend have her come let me in, because the door is locked.

Once inside, another book club member friend clues me in that the number for 1840 was BELOW THE BOTTOM STAIR on the outside of the building. I'm sorry, WHAT?

Why is that an optimal place to put the number for a building? Who is going to see it there? Good grief!

i really enjoyed this story haha ... was the guy a looker? should you at that point have asked for his #?

I've done this in chicago. right street, right "building", wrong block. same building but not the same address...so looked like i knew where i was going. luckily, noone answered when I knocked. lol!

bc i followed a fedex/ups dude in so i totally trespassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back