Oct 18 PE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... he didn't take power.  But still.  I don't know why people get worked up about it.  It is just a thing that is done.
I can tell judging from your posts you are that annoying co-worker we all groan when we have to work together for a project.

I have 75% chances of passing . And 25% chances that I may fail. Hopefully, I must pass this time

Apparently dummies can pass the power P.E. exam.
And yes, you're right. There was a guy, a few exam cycles ago, that passed the power pe without any education background. He studied a bit and passed the exam. I think his background was in civil.

It's well known that the power pe is the easiest.

And yes, you're right. There was a guy, a few exam cycles ago, that passed the power pe without any education background. He studied a bit and passed the exam. I think his background was in civil.

It's well known that the power pe is the easiest.
Lies.

Civil engineer's don't even need to count past 9 to do their job.  Do they even know how to multiply?   

Yes the power pe has one of the lowest pass rates... This makes me question my sanity. 

Come on...almost two weeks down. I hounded NCEES and they gave the generic response of 8-10 weeks from test day. 

You know I never unpacked my books from my cart...its still in the garage. Anybody else? 

it's prob going to be week of Dec 3 or week of Dec 10

you will have a better guess once you start seeing the board meetings within each state.

Come on...almost two weeks down. I hounded NCEES and they gave the generic response of 8-10 weeks from test day.
Welcome to subphases C and E. Try not to spend much time in subphase E.

it's prob going to be week of Dec 3 or week of Dec 10

you will have a better guess once you start seeing the board meetings within each state.
Welcome to subphase C.  There is NO connection between board meetings and the initial release of results.

December?!...I kept thinking maybe we will get lucky and hear something by thanksgiving. 

And all this time I was thinking after the test I will be able to enjoy the holidays. Its tough because you want to move on. 

How do you know when the boards meet? And how does that help to know when the results would be published? I guess that if they have their usual monthly meeting at that time they would review?

scores that are reported are scaled. So everyone with a scale score of 70 and above will pass.

The scaled score of 70 can represent 53/80, 54/80, 55/80, 56/80, 57/80, or 58/80. It depends if everyone did well or not on the exam.

If all the examinees for the October bombed the exam then that means a better chance for 53/80 to be scaled as 70.

December?!...I kept thinking maybe we will get lucky and hear something by thanksgiving. 

And all this time I was thinking after the test I will be able to enjoy the holidays. Its tough because you want to move on.
LOL. I promise you the results won't come before Nov 30.

You'll probably get it before Christmas (unless you're in Pennsylvania). Just in time to add to the celebration, or make things miserable.

How do you know when the boards meet? And how does that help to know when the results would be published? I guess that if they have their usual monthly meeting at that time they would review?
First, you would benefit from reading the firs two posts of this thread:

Second, welcome to subphase D. If you want to go down that rabbit hole, you can visit every state board and look up their scheduled meetings to try to divine the release date. I wouldn't recommend it, since I'm not aware of any state that requires a full board meeting to actually authorize NCEES to email out the results. Nor will you won't find any mention of it in previous meeting minutes either. But feel free to check all 55 boards and their meeting minutes going back years if you don't believe me. Some states might require a board meeting to issue licenses to people who recently passed the PE, but that would happen AFTER NCEES (or other entity) sends them out.

scores that are reported are scaled. So everyone with a scale score of 70 and above will pass.

The scaled score of 70 can represent 53/80, 54/80, 55/80, 56/80, 57/80, or 58/80. It depends if everyone did well or not on the exam.

If all the examinees for the October bombed the exam then that means a better chance for 53/80 to be scaled as 70.
For reference for others, only Texas provides a score to those who pass the test. All jurisdictions  give the raw score to those who fail.

There is no group curve. The overall performance of the greater group of examinees does not affect the cut score for a given session.  The cut score for a given session is set ahead* of time based on the questions asked. It is up to the examine to achieve that cut score.

*Except during the first new exam offering, where standards questions are developed, evaluated, and confirmed.

Back