Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice try. You already said AMRAPand burpees in your first post, so you indeed posted about CrossFit. 
But we don't actually run, so is it really crossfit?  We mostly just lunge a lot and get told "grip the floor!  Three points of contact in the foot!  Big toe!  BIG TOE!"

But we don't actually run, so is it really crossfit?  We mostly just lunge a lot and get told "grip the floor!  Three points of contact in the foot!  Big toe!  BIG TOE!"
CrossFitters barely run. Now, if you said you never bike, that would be something different. 

Today for me was "knees out when you come up!" 

CrossFitters barely run. Now, if you said you never bike, that would be something different. 

Today for me was "knees out when you come up!" 
We never bike.  We're told to row instead. 

We always get the knees out, usually when they're like "Front squat.  Deep.  Deeper.  Okay.  Breath out while going up.  Grip.  Knees out!"

This morning we laughed about how we all seem to enjoy the extra work that holding your breath while squatting provides. 

We row a lot. I like to pretend I'm Sandra Bullock in Bird Box when I do it. "BOY!"

My #1 food crutch is chips - I dont really know why -  but I will buy one of those $1 bags at the chekcout corner because if I ever buy a full bag they are F'n gone... 

I am tryig to detox from being in vegas 4 days - mostly fat tuesdays and in n out burger & yes two tacos at the Taco Bell Cantina! (Which were suprisingly good) - but I also quit my gym while in vegas so I am trying to get signed up at the new one, new owner is slow to charge my cc - maybe thats a good thing (doesnt have bill collectors beating downe her door - she said just show up and dont worry about it.

Wife is thinking of leaving the cult though, apparently next month there is an F45 coming near us. which to me is just a knock off XF gym, chain owned by Mark Wallburg.. 

My #1 food crutch is chips - I dont really know why -  but I will buy one of those $1 bags at the chekcout corner because if I ever buy a full bag they are F'n gone... 

I am tryig to detox from being in vegas 4 days - mostly fat tuesdays and in n out burger & yes two tacos at the Taco Bell Cantina! (Which were suprisingly good) - but I also quit my gym while in vegas so I am trying to get signed up at the new one, new owner is slow to charge my cc - maybe thats a good thing (doesnt have bill collectors beating downe her door - she said just show up and dont worry about it.

Wife is thinking of leaving the cult though, apparently next month there is an F45 coming near us. which to me is just a knock off XF gym, chain owned by Mark Wallburg.. 
Marky Mark AND it's only 45 minutes? Sign. Me. Up. 

Lololololololol.  I died on Saturday.  We did a pyramid bench press like this: 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 4, 6, 8, 10.  I actually benched way more than I usually did (did 20lbs on each side for 8 after doing it for a couple reps, so total weight of 75lbs), and was feeling good.  But then we had the final 10 to 1 rep of kettlebell exercises.  Single arm push press, reverse lunge (while holding kettlebell), one-arm swings, and rows.  Everyone finished so much earlier than me and I was just...dying.  Was super sore.  I wish I could have gone down a kettlebell size, but there were only blues left so on blue I remained.  

I skipped the gym yesterday, was still sore and got a super bad headache right before I would have gone.  Then the skies opened up and poured for a straight 2-3 hours.  Obviously the barometer was dropping and my head wanted to die.

I wish my gym had more evening classes during the week.  They currently only do M/W/F for evening classes, but do morning classes every day of the week.  It just sucks because if I miss Monday class I technically can't do anything until Wednesday.  

Do they just not have night classes Tuesday & Thursdays?

my old gym did away with the 5 PM and later classes (on Tu/Th), which really sucked, I could see their point as they were barely full, but it certainly made getting "gym days" tough

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they just not have night classes Tuesday & Thursdays?

my old gym did away with the 5 PM and later classes (on Tu/Th), which really sucked, I could see their point as they were barely full, but it certainly made getting "gym days" tough
Yeah, no night classes on Tuesday/Thursday.  They do have semi-private sessions, but there are only four trainers, so they're stretched a little thin?  I believe they're hiring a new trainer soon, so I'm hoping there will be more class days vs. semi-priate/private sessions.

I finally dropped below 17% BF yesterday morning. Hoping to drop down more before I set up the squat rack again and begin bulking.

what are using to determine the %?

I had paid a little extra for the water sumbermission body fat test in Decemmber but that lady closed down her business :(  

The scale I got a few months ago. Plus calibers. The calibers aren't as accurate, but they are consistent with the scale in showing % drop.

Even if they're not 100% accurate, they are still very precise. I'm mainly using them to see if BF is dropping, which it is. Mirror test says the same. 

The scale I got a few months ago. Plus calibers. The calibers aren't as accurate, but they are consistent with the scale in showing % drop.

Even if they're not 100% accurate, they are still very precise. I'm mainly using them to see if BF is dropping, which it is. Mirror test says the same. 
Hm, the head trainer at my gym said that calipers are more accurate than the scales. But I think there's a specific technique to pinching with the calipers. When she does it, it hurts like a MF.

Edit: But I agree. If you're measuring consistently, it's the trend that's more important than the specific number.

The issue is that I don't carry much fat anywhere other than my stomach. So when the other measurements are factored in the % drops dramatically. The calipers read like 14%.

Back