Nutrition, Diet, and Elite Fitness: Notes, Goals, and Resources....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the workout calls for 53 lb KB and all that is left when you go to grab one is a 55Lb’er then that makes it an RX+ workout right??

One time the WOD called for 2 pood KB swings and the only KB left was the 3 pood. My hammies and grip were on fire after that WOD. 

Since I have a size 13, I can usually get good deals on them on clearance, but they are usually ugly as F colors :(

Reebok is running a sale for the Nano 9s- they were only $65. I think I accidentally bought the same color as my coach. 

We're doing a ton of stretch and strength kind of stuff over the next 11 weeks and it feels ridiculous, but also feels really good to slow down a lot of those movements and feel where the weaknesses are and how to improve them. My left glute is worthless, so I plan on really focusing in on not letting it give up on those eccentric movements. Slow overhead press always gets me- it's like my arms are worthless on their own without a little push from my legs. 

Our gym moved and so she was giving away random gear. I picked up 2-45, 2-25, and 2-10 plates. I farmer carried the 45s across the house in the hopes that I can get my grip strength really advanced. 

I bought the nike lifting shoes that have the little insert in them, but they feel awkward as ****. I thought you were supposed to keep weight in your heels, but this feels like its lifting them forward a bit - maybe they just take some getting used to..

now you just need a bar and you will have a great home gym start!

Yeah, as I was loading them up she said, "But still come to the gym!" 

It'll be nice to have stuff at home for the next time we're all quarantined. I stayed at home while waiting for my husband to clear his tests and I was sad I missed deadlift day. 

lol

I think I would have to find a bar just to have the full set up, even if you miss a day for traveling or other stuff.

I cant do anymore home quarantine workouts though, if they go in that direction again I am just going to get fat again.  

We were talking last week about home workouts. We were doing single leg DB deadlifts and I said, "I feel like we did a million of these during shutdown." I was very glad to not have seen them in awhile. 

I would full on just become the crazy person carrying a pack of weight around the neighborhood. I never want to do mountain climbers ever again. 

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, catch me up. What's the difference between this thread and the other one? 

You're trying to get the XF talk out of the other thread?

This one is for people that think being the crossfit games champion makes you the "fittest person in the world."

The other one is for everyone else.

I concur it’s not really a “sport”- but I find it hard to devalue it’s results.

But I’ll try and stay out of the boomers  orange theory thread....

So this morning was 50 manmakers. Because we use Chris Spealler for our programming that means a manmaker is the following:

Renegade row (rowing in the plank position, each arm once)

Push up

Jump up

Clean

Thruster (or squat then push press)

That's ONE. Right around 25 or so I started alternating bodyweight with my dumbbells reps. Good gosh. 

And I don't really follow the CrossFit games. I just know some names and watch along, knowing that tomorrow I'll try the same movements at the gym. I also follow professional cycling for approximately the same reason- I'll never be pro, but I know what it's like to ride my bike a long distance for many days in a row. 

But, if @knight1fox3 ever comes back, he'll need to sit in his P90X penalty box by himself. 

I enjoy participating in the open but I dont watch the actual games.

Last year (or this year) I did one of the workouts RX, which was cool (for a middle age guy) the 120 wall ball one..cant recall the Number..

Back