North Carolina Initial Licensure

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After having everything sent in since January 26th, I just received a "We received your application" email this morning. According to the calendar on the website, the next time the board meets is March 15 or something like that. I am assuming that I (we) will have to wait until sometime after that date to hear something. 

After having everything sent in since January 26th, I just received a "We received your application" email this morning. According to the calendar on the website, the next time the board meets is March 15 or something like that. I am assuming that I (we) will have to wait until sometime after that date to hear something. 
Thanks kncumber. I received an email this morning saying my file is now administratively complete for submission and later today I was assigned a license number as well. Hopefully i shold get the certificate within a month.

Once everything is complete and you hit submit. 3-5 days to transmit to NCBELS. Another 5 days to get an email from NCBELS saying they received it. Then 5-10 days before they issue a license number. I submitted on 12/29/18. My license was issued on 1/11/19. Got the letter in the mail a week later, then the certificate 2 weeks after that.
after NCEES record has been released to NC i was informed that my application will be processed in date order then when complete i will get an email letting me know its going to board. Have you come across this scenario ? I thought my record will be directly transmitted to the board. 

Bump - anyone that passed the PE in NC this April get their NC license issued yet?  If so, when did you get your application in?  I know the holiday has probably slowed them down but haven't heard back from Laura yet.

I hope I’m going through this process in October!  What is the short form? Is that the form on ncbels where you list your experience?

I hope I’m going through this process in October!  What is the short form? Is that the form on ncbels where you list your experience?
There are two methods of applying in NC (Found here):

1.  The long application, where you list all your experience and get reference letters, etc.
  2.  The short application, where you use the NCEES online system to pre-approve your experience and references.
You could start filling out all your information on the NCEES record, but I wouldn't submit it for approval until after you have passed the test and are ready to apply - it must be approved within the last 6 months or something and the references must all be current as well.

NC is one of the states where you can use the NCEES record for your initial application, most you can't.  It was meant to help speed up the process of applying to multiple states.

There are two methods of applying in NC (Found here😞

1.  The long application, where you list all your experience and get reference letters, etc.
  2.  The short application, where you use the NCEES online system to pre-approve your experience and references.
You could start filling out all your information on the NCEES record, but I wouldn't submit it for approval until after you have passed the test and are ready to apply - it must be approved within the last 6 months or something and the references must all be current as well.

NC is one of the states where you can use the NCEES record for your initial application, most you can't.  It was meant to help speed up the process of applying to multiple states.
Thank you!!

My ncees record is almost complete. I started reading the code of ethics and some of the rules laws before going through ncbels.  Can one retake the ethics exam more than once?  I haven’t attempted it yet.

Yes you can retake.

Anyone received their license?  I submitted everything on Jan. 7th. Still waiting just not patiently

I submitted 1/3 and haven’t heard anything....I emailed NCBELS last week and she said “I hope to get to these soon.”

Edit 2/8: got my number on 2/6. Hopefully everyone else gets theirs shortly too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I submitted 1/24.  I guess I have a month or more to wait.

I submitted 1/3 and haven’t heard anything....I emailed NCBELS last week and she said “I hope to get to these soon.”

Edit 2/8: got my number on 2/6. Hopefully everyone else gets theirs shortly too. 
Thanks for the update!  This gives me hope hehe

I received the email stating my application is administratively complete and ready for Board review so hopefully soon.... been over a month :(

Anyone have any updates? I submitted on 1/30 and received an email yesterday that my application was complete and ready for the board.

Just trying to find out when I might expect feedback

I submitted Jan 24.  I hadn’t heard back so I called.  She said mine is in the next batch, which is in a couple of weeks.

I submitted Jan 24.  I hadn’t heard back so I called.  She said mine is in the next batch, which is in a couple of weeks.
Hopefully I'm in the same batch. That would roughly line up with the March 4th board meeting.

I had to send NCBELS an email for them to confirm my application was received and complete. It's not too often I say that I miss Florida but when I did my EI the FBPE was a lot more transparent of a process that NCBELS has been.

Back