North Carolina Initial Licensure

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did receive an email late last week saying my application had been processed. Progress at least I guess.

It is frustrating. Having emails fly around work but not being able to officially put that "PE" behind me name is rough.

I got mine today as well, no email or anything I just searched licensee's on ncbels and found mine

Bumping this one up for the new cycle :)

I submitted the short form and transmitted my NCEES record today to NCBELS. When I submitted the short form, the confirmation page said I will be notified by the Board via email about the status of the application within 7-10 business days. I'm not sure which days are holidays, so I'm not even sure how to determine when it's been 7-10 business days.

I did get an email stating that they successfully received my application and that applications are processed as quickly as possible after the receipt of the complete NCEES record. (NCEES still says transmittal pending, hopefully it won't take them long to transmit.) The email goes on to say that application reviews typically take 15 business days after receipt of the NCEES record, except in December/January and June/July when they get a high volume of applications.

From looking at these posts, I think realistically I'm looking at being licensed somewhere around the end of February.

ETA - right after I posted this, I got notification that NCEES had transmitted my record. It only took a few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping this one up for the new cycle :)

I submitted the short form and transmitted my NCEES record today to NCBELS. When I submitted the short form, the confirmation page said I will be notified by the Board via email about the status of the application within 7-10 business days. I'm not sure which days are holidays, so I'm not even sure how to determine when it's been 7-10 business days.

I did get an email stating that they successfully received my application and that applications are processed as quickly as possible after the receipt of the complete NCEES record. (NCEES still says transmittal pending, hopefully it won't take them long to transmit.) The email goes on to say that application reviews typically take 15 business days after receipt of the NCEES record, except in December/January and June/July when they get a high volume of applications.

From looking at these posts, I think realistically I'm looking at being licensed somewhere around the end of February.

ETA - right after I posted this, I got notification that NCEES had transmitted my record. It only took a few hours.
AlliChEME, I am about to do the same with North Carolina,  please keep me updated.  How was the state multiple choice questions? is everything online?  Thanks 

AlliChEME, I am about to do the same with North Carolina,  please keep me updated.  How was the state multiple choice questions? is everything online?  Thanks 
The multiple choice questions weren't bad, all of the applicable rules and regulations can be found online so it's just a matter of educating yourself. I was able to find a copy of the questions on the NCBELS website ahead of time.

Now that we are into the new year, I'm hoping they will start reviewing and issuing licenses. As far as I can tell, no new licenses have been issued since before Christmas (no surprise there).

I got an email this morning saying that my file is now administratively complete for submission to the Board for review. It says I will be notified by mail of the Board's decision.

I'm assuming this is the status update previously promised, and they're letting me know that they don't need anything else from me.

No new licenses issued so far from what I can tell. Patiently waiting 🙂

I searched my name on the license lookup just now and I have been assigned a number! Much sooner than I expected.

NC Folks...

Anyone who wrote in Oct 2018  received their license as yet? Anyone knows the process once entire application is submitted?

How long did it take? How were you notified?

NC Folks...

Anyone who wrote in Oct 2018  received their license as yet? Anyone knows the process once entire application is submitted?

How long did it take? How were you notified?
Once everything is complete and you hit submit. 3-5 days to transmit to NCBELS. Another 5 days to get an email from NCBELS saying they received it. Then 5-10 days before they issue a license number. I submitted on 12/29/18. My license was issued on 1/11/19. Got the letter in the mail a week later, then the certificate 2 weeks after that.

Back