NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just passed my PE exam?
but why is it taking so long for me to get my license no.??????? have u guys received yours yet?
It took me 6 weeks to get see my license on the website. If you don't see yours soon, they may need something to complete your package. In my case they needed an updated picture.
I am still waiting for my web post. Starting from Jun 6 it seems they are doing it in alphabetic order by last name until yesterday. Today starting from 088318 they seems doing it randomly.

I am still waiting for my license even though I passed. The DMV is way more efficient and less expensive than the office of the Professions.

They seem to post about 10 licenses per day. Mabye an IE could help them out.

My name was posted to the website about a week ago, just received my license and registration in the mail yesterday. I held off calling them as long as I could, but I broke down last Thursday and called just to confirm they had everything, my name was posted later that same day. You might want to call just to confirm they have everything they need....

i just passed my PE exam?
but why is it taking so long for me to get my license no.??????? have u guys received yours yet?
It took me 6 weeks to get see my license on the website. If you don't see yours soon, they may need something to complete your package. In my case they needed an updated picture.
I am still waiting for my web post. Starting from Jun 6 it seems they are doing it in alphabetic order by last name until yesterday. Today starting from 088318 they seems doing it randomly.
I kept pretty close tabs on the updates waiting to see my name, and they definitely did not go in any sort of order.... They may post a few that are in order, but it jumped around quite a bit.

My name was posted to the website about a week ago, just received my license and registration in the mail yesterday. I held off calling them as long as I could, but I broke down last Thursday and called just to confirm they had everything, my name was posted later that same day. You might want to call just to confirm they have everything they need....
I got the passing grade from Castle Testing exactly two weeks ago. I just saw my name on the NYS website with a license number this morning. So it does take several weeks for them to get everything going.

THe DMV is much more efficient. A month ago I lost my drivers license. I went to the DMV site, submitted a request, paid the $17.50 by credit card and had my new drivers license in less than a week. Go figure.

Did anyone hear that we are going to get our results much earlier this time? Because of NCEES registration requirements we are to get an email as soon as results are ready.

Did anyone hear that we are going to get our results much earlier this time? Because of NCEES registration requirements we are to get an email as soon as results are ready.
I'm glad you mentioned this because this was my first time taking the exam and I was wondering if the e-mail was a new thing. Does this actually imply significantly quicker results or results just slightly faster than spamming refresh on the license database page?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I failed twice already and it took average 8 to 10 weeks to receive the results. NCEES used to sent the results to NY PE Board and when board meeting is scheduled, board used to approve/disapprove the cut-off score and then send it back to NCEES and Castle Worlwide for final distribution. State used to start adding names on the web site upon cut-off score approval but with a pace of about 10 names a day. Once Castle Worldwide received the approval from the board, they start sending out mails (no emails) to candidates which took about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. Most of the states conducting the business with NCEES back then used to receive results about 2 to 4 weeks earlier than NY.

Now that NCEES has full authority to distribute the score, we will get emails directly from NCEES asking us to login to our NCEES account to check the score.

I hope we get it before Christmas Holidays. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

I'm glad you mentioned this because this is was my first time taking the exam and I was wondering if the e-mail was a new thing. Does this actually imply quicker results or results equivalent to spamming refresh on the license database page?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I failed twice already and it took average 8 to 10 weeks to receive the results. NCEES used to sent the results to NY PE Board and when board meeting is scheduled, board used to approve/disapprove the cut-off score and then send it back to NCEES and Castle Worlwide for final distribution. Stateused to start adding names upon cut-off score approval but with a pace of about 10 names a day. Once Castle Worldwide received the approval from the board, they start sending out emails to candidates which took about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. Most of the states conducting the business with NCEES back then used to receive results about 2 to 4 weeks earlier than NY.
Now that NCEES has full authority to distribute the score, we will get emails directly from NCEES asking us to login to our NCEES account to check the score.

I hope we get it before Christmas Holidays. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

I'm glad you mentioned this because this is was my first time taking the exam and I was wondering if the e-mail was a new thing. Does this actually imply quicker results or results equivalent to spamming refresh on the license database page?
Thank you for this information; I'm glad to hear it =)

Does anyone know the last license number posted by the State so that we know where to start tracking from?

Does anyone know the last license number posted by the State so that we know where to start tracking from?
I used the last number appearing on this topic and by the higher/lower game have come to 088673 being the last valid number in sequence.

We are up to #088692 now. They are posting the names of reciprocating licensees almost everyday.

I used the last number appearing on this topic and by the higher/lower game have come to 088673 being the last valid number in sequence.

We are up to #088692 now. They are posting the names of reciprocating licensees almost everyday.

PE Hope,

Where do you see the posting of license numbers? Can you post the link of website?

does anybody know the average number of licences being issued in New York for an exam semester, excluding the reciprocal?

According to "PE Result Dates by State" spreadsheet on another thread here, the NY results for April10 came in through the website on 74th day.

So this e-mailing does not really expedite anything, does it?

We have 40 more days to suffer, arrggh!

According to "PE Result Dates by State" spreadsheet on another thread here, the NY results for April10 came in through the website on 74th day. So this e-mailing does not really expedite anything, does it?

That's too bad for you guys in CA and NY. Here in Fl we are expecting results in about 2 weeks and the pressure is no doubt building up!

According to "PE Result Dates by State" spreadsheet on another thread here, the NY results for April10 came in through the website on 74th day. So this e-mailing does not really expedite anything, does it?

That's too bad for you guys in CA and NY. Here in Fl we are expecting results in about 2 weeks and the pressure is no doubt building up!
Actually, we can expect results in about 2 weeks as well. The process has changed in NYS and we no longer need to wait to be notified from the licensing board directly of our exam results, the NCEES will tell us directly such as they do in FL. This has been verified by a licensing board representative this morning :)

Back