NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now, that is funny! thanks
It really is! He says that it will take 2 weeks from today but will receive it by the end of year 2010.
I think the agents statement makes sense. If you look at it in terms of work works, the end of the second week is December 31. This is one day before the new year.

Whats a work works?
Work Works = 5 days.

works was meant to be weeks.

Actually, the text says "within" 2 weeks. That translates to a less than or equal to conditional, adding that he thinks results will be in before the end of the year maintains (further constrains) the bounds of his initial assertion =p

Actually, the text says "within" 2 weeks. That translates to a less than or equal to conditional, adding that he thinks results will be in before the end of the year maintains (further constrains) the bounds of his initial assertion =p

NERD

I'd also like to add that reading and trying to comprehend the last few posts almost made my head explode. Thanks for that.

NERD
:party-smiley-048:
:Locolaugh:
:smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went a little back on this forum and read the posts for agents' responses and the exam result release date. Here is my scenario:

Prep work starts 3 days to the 8th week. On this date, State either receives the results from NCEES or orders the staff to get ready for the next day. They make sure that the first mail gets out 2 days before the 8th week. So that the examinees get the results within the 8th to 10th week frame. This is probably showing their trust to the USPS, allowing from 2 days to 14 days for mailing procedure.

The downside of this scenario is that it gives you three possibilities for the online release date:

1. 3 days to the 8th week; NCEES notifies the examinees at the same time it notifies the State.

2. 2 days to the 8th week; NCEES abides to the actual State release date.

3. begining of the 8th week; NCEES abides to the State earliest an examinee can be notified date.

Sce.1 is today, Tuesday , Sce.2 is tomorrow, Wednesday and Sce.3 is Monday.

So I say, if passing ratio is on the high side, it will be within the following two days, most likely on Wednesday for "the Christmas gift" mood. if the ratio is on the low side, expect it on Monday for the "leave your troubles behind" mood.

In any case, I am planning to check the NCEES website during the lunar eclipse happening early this morning; just when everyone left in dark.

Well I had to write something before NYPE post disappears from the first page. :sharkattack:

From what I've read about the new process, it seems NCEES will notify the NY Board of Education whom will then "validate" the results and then at that point we will receive an email from NCEES regarding our results. WTF. Is the NY Board applying a curve before we're allowed to view the results?

FROM NCEES WEBSITE:

NCEES has begun releasing the October 2010 exam results to state licensing boards. The surveying exam results were released December 16. The FE exam results were released December 22. PE exam results will be released the last week of December.

To find out how you will receive your results, go to the exams page, select your state from the drop-down menu on the right, and look for the Results subhead.

[SIZE=24pt]NY[/SIZE]:

Results

When results have been released to the New York board and validated, NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account. The New York board will notify you of any state-specific exam results. (NY Board will validate the result) add 1 week = first week of Jan, 2011)

Happy new year :holyness: :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
FROM NCEES WEBSITE:
NCEES has begun releasing the October 2010 exam results to state licensing boards. The surveying exam results were released December 16. The FE exam results were released December 22. PE exam results will be released the last week of December.

To find out how you will receive your results, go to the exams page, select your state from the drop-down menu on the right, and look for the Results subhead.

[SIZE=24pt]NY[/SIZE]:

Results

When results have been released to the New York board and validated, NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account. The New York board will notify you of any state-specific exam results. (NY Board will validate the result) add 1 week = first week of Jan, 2011)

It could be up to two weeks after the NCEES release date. It's not like it's costing me money or anything...

FROM NCEES WEBSITE:

[SIZE=24pt]NY[/SIZE]:

Results

It could be up to two weeks after the NCEES release date. It's not like it's costing me money or anything...
I posted this in another thread but the additional 1 week to validate is just speculation. The lady I spoke with at NCEES said that typically the validation is done by the board administrators and that they typically just want to look at the statistics and what not before the results are released to the candidates. She said that she doesn't really expect the validation to delay results much if at all and that we should still see them this week, even with the validation.

FROM NCEES WEBSITE:

[SIZE=24pt]NY[/SIZE]:

Results

I posted this in another thread but the additional 1 week to validate is just speculation. The lady I spoke with at NCEES said that typically the validation is done by the board administrators and that they typically just want to look at the statistics and what not before the results are released to the candidates. She said that she doesn't really expect the validation to delay results much if at all and that we should still see them this week, even with the validation.
Good to know. Let's hope we all pass!

I just got off the phone with the NYS engineering board

Me: Has the NYS Board received the October PE results from NCEES?

NYS Board: All we can say right now is that you will receive the results after the holiday

Me: OK, but were the results received from NCEES or is NYS still waiting on NCEES

NYS Board: All we can say right now is that you will receive the results after the holiday

Me: No problem, I will look for the results next year, but has NCEES submitted results or is NYS still waiting on NCEES.

NYS Board: Sir, it does not make a difference because either way you will not get the results sent to you until after the holiday.

Me: Just tell me I passed

NYS Board: Sir, I am not at liberty to tell you over the phone if you passed.

Me: Can you text me?

NYS Board: Silence

Me: OK thanks

I think it is safe to say that there is 0 chance of getting our grades this week....

Back