NCEES RESULTS ARE OUT! POST YOUR RESULTS!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky Bill PE

Senior, Master, Professional, Licensed Electrical
Reaction score
Over 500 hours studied, worked over 2500 problems, been studying since last October (14 months) and with THE BEST IN THE **** BUSINESS Zach Stone by my side. I walked into that test my first time and dominated it! I am honored to be part of the Professional Engineers.

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Over 500 hours studied, worked over 2500 problems, been studying since last October (14 months) and with THE BEST IN THE **** BUSINESS Zach Stone by my side. I walked into that test my first time and dominated it! I am honored to be part of the Professional Engineers.

View attachment 19846
Congrats @SparkyBill!

View attachment 19846
CONGRATULATIONS @SparkyBill! When did you took the exam?

Do they also release data like how many people passed or what a passing score is?
They do publish passing rates, although it's not very frequently. I would assume they will need a fair amount of data before updating the power exam pass rates.

https://ncees.org/engineering/pe/pass-rates/

The passing score is not published but it is stated on the examinee guide that they are scored based on difficulty of each exam.

New account but have lurked for a while. First time taker (December 1st) and fortunately passed. Main study materials were the Engineering Pro Guides material (all of the sample exams and the technical study guide), Zach's technical study guide he released earlier this year, the NCEES practice exam(s), and the various books that are always suggested. I don't have any idea how many total hours I studied... 1.5-3 on week nights and 12-15 on weekends from February to November.  I attribute my success to taking time to actually read the reference books. 

I felt prepared for the most part. I finished the first section in 3.5ish hours and the second section in 1.5ish hours. The EPG materials and Zach's guide are all more difficult than any question I encountered on the test but the NCEES practice exam has the "most similar" feel for how the questions are presented.  The NCEES practice exam question difficulty should be increased to accurately reflect what examinees need to be prepared for but that is neither here nor there.  I've seen other topics similar to this floating around but I disagree that all of my exam's questions were within the exam specifications however I will end the thought there. 

This week was a rollercoaster of emotions and I almost barfed when I opened the email. Happy to have only taken it once and happy this **** is over. 🤷‍♂️ Looking forward to drinking some good beer, eating some good food and never coming back to this forum again. 

image.png

JK this place has been very helpful. Big thank you to everyone who takes the time to help prepare the examinees! <3

Great job Sparky!

Looks like I'm taking it again.  I didn't pass and re-registered/signed up for Jan 7th.
oh Maaaan. I'm sorry to know that.. :(  . Thought you are confident that you passed.

Now I'm scared if I also fail knowing that I was too confident with my answers and thinking that I did good....😓

Great job Sparky!

Looks like I'm taking it again.  I didn't pass and re-registered/signed up for Jan 7th.
 oh no man, I'm sorry to hear that. Do they give a similar synopsis of the areas you were lacking this time?

I'm terrified of failing again but it's good to know you can re-register so quickly.

Thanks guys!  Yes the diagnostic looks a bit "different" this time.  It shows a lot of improvement from my previous attempt, which at least is promising.  

Funny thing is, I did very well in protection, and most of my areas were very well balanced.  It looks like I need to improve a little in each area to get over the hump.  I shared with my instructor and he said the same thing.

New account but have lurked for a while. First time taker (December 1st) and fortunately passed. Main study materials were the Engineering Pro Guides material (all of the sample exams and the technical study guide), Zach's technical study guide he released earlier this year, the NCEES practice exam(s), and the various books that are always suggested. I don't have any idea how many total hours I studied... 1.5-3 on week nights and 12-15 on weekends from February to November.  I attribute my success to taking time to actually read the reference books. 

I felt prepared for the most part. I finished the first section in 3.5ish hours and the second section in 1.5ish hours. The EPG materials and Zach's guide are all more difficult than any question I encountered on the test but the NCEES practice exam has the "most similar" feel for how the questions are presented.  The NCEES practice exam question difficulty should be increased to accurately reflect what examinees need to be prepared for but that is neither here nor there.  I've seen other topics similar to this floating around but I disagree that all of my exam's questions were within the exam specifications however I will end the thought there. 

This week was a rollercoaster of emotions and I almost barfed when I opened the email. Happy to have only taken it once and happy this **** is over. 🤷‍♂️ Looking forward to drinking some good beer, eating some good food and never coming back to this forum again. 

View attachment 19855

JK this place has been very helpful. Big thank you to everyone who takes the time to help prepare the examinees! ❤️
Congrats sir!  My study habits seem to echo yours to a "T".  I focused on mainly those 3 areas:  NCEES, Zach Stone's and Justin's sample exam problems.  Sounds like I just need to go through again and just be more thorough.  I found some of "Cram for Exam" to be helpful too, but mainly those first three are what I focused on.

@DuranDuran sorry to hear that you'll have to go through this again, but it seems very promising that your score is improving!

Have you added up the "total number of items" on your results diagnostic? It sounds like the CBT exams do not always have 80 total number of items due to some pre-test items. I'm curious how many pre-test items were on this first round of the CBT power exam.

@DuranDuran sorry to hear that you'll have to go through this again, but it seems very promising that your score is improving!

Have you added up the "total number of items" on your results diagnostic? It sounds like the CBT exams do not always have 80 total number of items due to some pre-test items. I'm curious how many pre-test items were on this first round of the CBT power exam.
Yes.  It was ______(leaving blank in case this is not public info).  It could vary anyway from exam to exam.

Back