NCEES News Update

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't know when the results are coming out yet, so don't pre-plan anything yet. Iceland is also 5 hours ahead, so you probably won't hear back until after most of you tours are done anyway.

Iceland is great! You'll love it. I did a similar tours when I was there. The only time I didn't have wifi was when I was scuba diving and spelunking. Of course I didn't bring my phone with me to the various hot springs because my phone wasn't water proof, but I saw others in those places carefully holding electronics so I assume they had wifi. There was definitely wifi everywhere else in those facilities.
Touche my friend. I had forgotten about the time change... I'll probably be sitting down for a nice meal and some wine by that time, so I'll make sure to have my very own bottle. Depending on how the results go I'll either be sharing with everyone (stranger or not) or hoarding.

I'm right there with you.  I've actually dreamed that I passed, and started screaming like I won the mega-number-super-lottery.  But, I've also dreamed that I was back in my hidey-hole (i.e. dining room), with a calculator and another few months without a life.  
I've had a similar experience to what @smrob and @fujichan describe. When I was preparing for the exam I took 3 practice tests and my score was hovering right around 80%... then last week I had a dream that I had passed the exam and that I actually knew my score (81%), which as we all know isn't possible. But hey... one can dream right?... I sure hope this time I nailed it... like I've been saying, good luck to us all!

I've had a similar experience to what @smrob and @fujichan describe. When I was preparing for the exam I took 3 practice tests and my score was hovering right around 80%... then last week I had a dream that I had passed the exam and that I actually knew my score (81%), which as we all know isn't possible. But hey... one can dream right?... I sure hope this time I nailed it... like I've been saying, good luck to us all!
I did well on the EET depth practice exams (~85%). I just really hope that translated to the actual test. The bredth is my Achilles heal. 

Woohoo, don’t you guys need to work or have any meetings? You guys can constantly talk here! I guess no one needs to have those pencils again lol! Yes I stayed late that day just trying to collect pencils! Lol the proctor is like collect as many as you want! I don’t know why, I love using them almost everyday at work! That day is so unforgettable! 

277003DF-D5DE-4320-8DE2-59FAC0B16A28.jpeg

Hello Leggo PE, 

When you took the exam, did you bring PPI materials, EET materials, and all the recommended design codes? 

I read some of your old posts :D , more or less how many practice problems in total you have solved?
I haven nooo clue how many practice problems I've solved over the course of my studying! Haha. But in my last round, EET provided so many practice problems that I could not even get through them all. I did as many as I could and supplemented with NCEES practice exams.

And the last time I took the exam, I brought with me the CERM (which I'd used for the PPI class) and my EET binders, and all of the codes (except for the PTI manual and AASHTO and OSHA). I figured the EET materials would cover me enough for the AASHTO, PTI, and OSHA requirements, and if they didn't, I probably wouldn't know the codes well enough to answer the question anyway. These also were codes that neither I nor my office had. If I'd had access to them, I would definitely bring them! And this is thinking ahead, but I sure as heck am bringing AASHTO to the SE exam!

Yeah, it wasn't the best timing on my part.  Have been eligible for a few years, but never submitted an application for the test.  then, change jobs and need to take the test.  Right after having twins.  So, this year has been a little stressful and a lot sleep deprived.  Fortunately, they go to bed at 8, and on a good night I was in study mode at 8:30.  By 10:30, I was falling asleep in my books.  I really hope I don't have to go through study hell again.  :wacko:
Sounds a little like my routine during grad school. Only it was studying from 8:30 (after littler one went to bed) until about 2am. You know, for about 4 years straight. :(  I seriously think I developed insomnia during that time.

Woohoo, don’t you guys need to work or have any meetings? You guys can constantly talk here! I guess no one needs to have those pencils again lol! Yes I stayed late that day just trying to collect pencils! Lol the proctor is like collect as many as you want! I don’t know why, I love using them almost everyday at work! That day is so unforgettable! 

View attachment 10427
Sounds like you might have a problem similar to @ptatohed. LOL

It seems that, results are being released for some overseas countries and Utah, 

For the people who have their results, did you get an email first or did you just keep refreshing and noticed that you passed/failed?

FWIW, there still in no December-January NCEES newsletter yet. So there could still be an exam meeting yet to be scheduled for this month which is a prerequisite for releasing the results.

https://ncees.org/news/

It could be a sign that things could be delayed a bit. But @Baconator seems to think things are coming and he's usually spot on.
I told you so!!

My friend just got her results in WI. My study buddy (VA) and I (MD) are still waiting.. 
I'm right there with ya tapping my foot. Breathe! Maryland usually gets its results the first day

Back