NCEES exam pencils

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*BUMP*

...wait, why is this thread stickied?

I have red from my FE and blue from my PE! They let me keep them, though I have no idea what happened to them.

Last edited:
*BUMP* 
...wait, why is this thread stickied?

I have red from my FE and blue from my PE!  They let me keep them, though I have no idea what happened to them.
I know where both of mine are :true: I figure those pencils cost me about $600 each. I haven't made a clear plastic, hermetically sealed case for them yet, but the thought has crossed my mind. :cig:

Oops, gotta go - the SO is looking at the honeydo list :brick:

Oops, gotta go - the SO is looking at the honeydo list  :brick:
I feel your pain. I didn't get to bed until 5 AM last night, woke up late ....

sterb022.gif

Ut oh ... back to the honey-do list for me :eek:

JR

Am I the only one that nearly puked at the end of the test when I contemplated taking the damn pencil? It was a cheap piece of crap that I knew I'd never use, I just couldn't bring myself to take it. :dunno: Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I didn't want the reminder staring at me from the pencil holder on my desk for all of eternity. I think I was just pissed at the world after the test was over, only because I didn't really know whether I'd done well enough to pass or not, and knew I'd be sweating it out for 2 months.

:banhim: :dunno:

Am I the only one that nearly puked at the end of the test when I contemplated taking the damn pencil?
They told us we could keep 'em, and, frankly, I always seem short on pencils around the house! I think my kids already lost all my $100 pencils.

Am I the only one that nearly puked at the end of the test when I contemplated taking the damn pencil? It was a cheap piece of crap that I knew I'd never use, I just couldn't bring myself to take it. 2 months.
<_< :thumbs:

I had a difficulty trying to figure out which side of superstition I would fall on:

1) Take the pencil and have karma repay me for "stealing" by making me actually have to use an NCEES pencil again in the future (ie, having to retake the exam).

2) Leave the pencil and have karma repay me by never having to see one of those SOBs in person again.

I couldn't decide which would be most beneficial. :dunno:

In the end, leaving the pencils did the trick! :thumbs:

Ed

Would you be prepared if gravity reversed itself?... The only thing I can't figure out it how to keep the change in my pockets with my red, blue and black NCEES pencils...

Coleco.jpg

"I want 5 MW by mid-May!"

Last edited:
I still have mine from when I took the EIT, 4 years ago. It's black w/ lower case letters. I think they told us we weren't supposed to take them, oh well. A co-worker stole it from my desk (picked it up and walked off w/ it) a few years ago and I had to go track it down. He snapped off the plastic clip portion, I wasn't pleased about that but I did get it back again. I rarely use it, but I do keep up with it. Maybe I can take it with me and use it when I take the PE. Although it sounds like they change the colors up so someone may notice me using an 'old-school' pencil.

img0634yg1.jpg

Latest posts

Back