NCEES exam pencils

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a black NCEES pencil as opposed to a few years ago when they used black ncees pencils.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's mine from April 2006. Note the red 'ncees' as opposed to the 'NCEES' others received that offering.

WoodbriarMHP8-21-06006.jpg

I heard there's a special collector's edtion for seasoned exam pencil collectors out there. Apparently the pencil company minted a few of them as 'NCESE' back in '02. Rumor has it there's a few of them still in circulation, despite best efforts to recover and destroy the defective stock.

NCEEScollection.jpg

^ Notice on mine, the red and green ones have lower case www.ncees.org, but the blue has WWW.NCEES.ORG

I have only kept ONE.....the BLACK one that I just recieved last week! If I passed, I think I'll frame it!

^^ Here's a pathetic story. I assumed, like you, that my passing pencils (yes, they gave me 2) were 'lucky'. With that in mind, having never used them for anything else before, I tucked one in my shirt pocket a couple weeks ago on the day that my boss went off to try to get approval for my raise from the administration. I thought maybe the luck of the mighty NCEES passing pencil would help.

It didn't. :sniff:

I thought maybe the luck of the mighty NCEES passing pencil would help.
It didn't. :sniff:
Whoa .. now that is a MAJOR letdown to know that your NCEES Pencil couldn't even pull you a little luck with some $$! :eek:hmy:

JR

I'm getting the pencil and the calculator framed with the certificate.

Major geek points there.

^In the same frame? With custom-cut matting? That, I'd like to see. Please post a picture.

Yep, all in the same frame. A buddy of mine from waaaaaay back in the day runs a frame shop. I'll post a pic when I get it done. I still haven't gotten the certificate. I ordered it the Saturday before Christmas.

Back