NCEES email in your inbox!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't remember if I've posted this somewhere else, but to all those who will be taking the PE exam and who will inevitably read this and get nervous about it: I took the exam in April, got the survey within a week, and I passed.  So don't stress, y'all.

I can't remember if I've posted this somewhere else, but to all those who will be taking the PE exam and who will inevitably read this and get nervous about it: I took the exam in April, got the survey within a week, and I passed.  So don't stress, y'all.
This comment has been statistically proven to be inaccurate on this forum.

This comment has been statistically proven to be inaccurate on this forum.
Regardless of any statistics, my point is that getting an email within a short time frame of taking the test is no sure sign that you failed.  I can prove that for sure.

Regardless of any statistics, my point is that getting an email within a short time frame of taking the test is no sure sign that you failed.  I can prove that for sure.
but it could be a sign that you might have passed, or might have failed. and the answers you give might or might not have a bearing on what your results may be. 

but it could be a sign that you might have passed, or might have failed. and the answers you give might or might not have a bearing on what your results may be. 

It is likely a sign that they know you took the test.  But maybe not!

A sample size of (1) is not sufficient to make an absolute claim. :thumbs:
I got the email within a week, I passed.  So unless things have now changed since I took the exam in April, my point/claim is 100% provable. 

And how do we know your sample size is representative of PE test takers as a whole? :p

I got the email within a week, I passed.  So unless things have now changed since I took the exam in April, my point/claim is 100% provable. 

And how do we know your sample size is representative of PE test takers as a whole? :p
A colleague of mine got the same email within the week of taking the exam and failed. Also 100% provable. But now your distribution curve is skewed. :p

A colleague of mine got the same email within the week of taking the exam and failed. Also 100% provable. But now your distribution curve is skewed. :p
Right, it doesn't mean you passed.  Never claimed that.  I claimed it doesn't mean you failed.

Anywho, I personally don't think it means jack.

Right, it doesn't mean you passed.  Never claimed that.  I claimed it doesn't mean you failed.

Anywho, I personally don't think it means jack.
But from the sample statistical data that has been collected over the past 10 exam cycles, receiving the email survey is basically a definite indication of exam failure. Yours apparently was an anomaly and has been duly noted. 

I also thought it was funny that trackerjacker thinks it don't mean jack!  LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
But from the sample statistical data that has been collected over the past 10 exam cycles, receiving the email survey is basically a definite indication of exam failure. Yours apparently was an anomaly and has been duly noted. 

I also thought it was funny that trackerjacker thinks it don't mean jack!  LOL
I thought there were a few others in this thread who are in the same boat as me and/or some who failed and got the email much later?  I'll have to go back and read it.

Also lol.

April 2016. Exam 4/15. Survey Email 4/18. (3 days) Results 5/19. Fail.

October 2016. Exam 10/27. Survey Email 11/03. (6 days) Results 12/09. Pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back