NCEES Credential Evaluation for BSEET Graduate/MS Student

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanfus

Reaction score
I am currently in my 2nd year (out of 3) for graduate school in Electrical & Computer Engineering. I have this 3-year timeline because I was accepted conditionally where I will need to take 6 undergraduate engineering courses along with my graduate curriculum since my BS was in Electrical Engineering Technology. I am also taking math & science courses at a community college (non-degree seeking) in hopes for my overall combined education meets NCEES Engineering Education standard so I would be more open to applying for licensure across the US without any setback. I passed both the FE & PE.

One day, I was talking with one student who have experience in the electrical field. I told my plan in the paragraph shown above along with my differential and integral calculus taken in my Bachelors program (Applied Calculus for Technology 1 & 2 for my calculus coursework). That one student told me those two courses would not count towards NCEES Engineering Education Standard. I am still deciding if taking Calculus 1 & 2 would be worth it to meet the education standard. I was in contact with NCEES regarding this and sent my syllabuses for the Calc for Technology courses and said it appeared to be acceptable.

I was wondering if anyone licensed that had a BS in Technology or someone in a similar situation to mine. What would be the best route for the differential & integral calculus portion of the engineering education standard. Keep the Applied Calc 1 & 2 I have or take Calc 1 & 2?

Back