NC - PE RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KevinA,

I'm in the same boat. I went to the review at NCSU and entered the names and became ASTONISHED that only half the class passed, especially since they boasted an 85% pass rate. If I had known that I never would have driven up from Wilmington once a week.

Alison,

I think we sat next to each other in class... unfortunately - my name is nowhere on the database so now I'll be commuting to the Exam in April from Virginia Beach instead of Wilmington. Congratulations for you though, I'm glad you passed.

I'm considering writing NC State about that review course. I think there's definitely some room for improvement in the Construction PM part. I mean we didn't even get a damn practice exam for construction pm. The guy was like yeah sorry we don't have that yet. I think for $600 freaking dollars they could put something together. Again, fortunately I passed by some grace of god. I felt pretty good on the am part, probably got 35 or so. The afternoon was terrible. On my first pass of the test I think I had like 10 questions that I knew for sure. Then I figured out another 10 or so the more I stared at them. The other 20 I either made educated guesses or just out-right guessed them.

I agree with you Steven..

Does anyone else have a problem with their info typed into the directory? I guess the IT guy was being so quick he had typos and he had a combination of my work address and home address and the zip is for neither. I am afraid they will try to mail my letter there!

I thought we were supposed to receive a course evaluation for the review, but they may be waiting until now when the results post. I also went through the list, and was also surprised that only ~55% of the class passed. While some of the portions of the class were extremely useful, others were not so much, and were borderline bad. I had already complained to Dr. Lambe, who taught the geotech portion, about how his lessons were all over the place and really didn't prepare me for the geotech PM. He held a review session a couple of Saturdays before the exam for those of us who took the geotech PM portion, and pointed out charts in the notes that were never explained and would have been useful to EVERYONE taking the exam. Nice guy, but I just don't think he was organized enough, nor was he given enough time to accomplish what he needed to do in order to prepare everyone for the exam.

i think they mail to your home address, not the address listed on the webpage. if not, I'm in for it b/c my work address is our hq office here on base and that office is one big clusterf*$!

Another failure here. I guess I'll take another swing at it in April. Maybe geotech instead of construction.
I had the review class at NCSU. I took the time to punch in all the class participants names- only 25 out of 50 passed. Pretty poor showing.

Congrats to those that made it.
So I also went through the class list last night - between them spelling my name incorrectly, double listing another person, and incorrectly listing another gal by her maiden name instead of her married name (which I only knew due to me being in a class with her back in college), I found a whopping 27 passed out of 49 (55.1%).

vbnc -

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't pass - I was really hoping that all the folks from our back corner would make it. Best of luck to you in April.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Plus I know of one person on the list that opted not to take the exam, and is going to take it in april instead.... so that leaves 27 out of 48 (56.25%)

I took the water resources and environmental afternoon, passed, and I took the review class at NCSU also. I agree that the geotech was not very helpful and was all over the place. Russell Briggs was the man for the water resources and environmental though. I thought the review class prepared me very well for the morning portion, but the afternoon was a different story. However, the class was intended for DOT, so I didn't expect it to help me much in the afternoon. It would be interesting to see the percentage of folks that passed the exam who took the exam review course AND took Transportation in the afternoon.

I took the water resources and environmental afternoon, passed, and I took the review class at NCSU also. I agree that the geotech was not very helpful and was all over the place. Russell Briggs was the man for the water resources and environmental though. I thought the review class prepared me very well for the morning portion, but the afternoon was a different story. However, the class was intended for DOT, so I didn't expect it to help me much in the afternoon. It would be interesting to see the percentage of folks that passed the exam who took the exam review course AND took Transportation in the afternoon.

I also forgot to mention that I took the review course last year b/c I thought I would be able to sit in April 2009 for the exam, but was pushed to October 2009. It would also be interesting to see how the results compared between those who took the once-a-week review course to those who took the weekend review course.

Well since I started this thread, I figured I would reply one more time to say that I PASSED!! Thank you once again engineergirl for the updates. Daaaaamn, that was a crazy ride, and congrats to everybody that passed!!

This post will have no content, but I just have to see this thing get to 10 pages...

Last edited by a moderator:
Any reason why the banner doesn't show up when you have the forum set to the grey skin instead of the default blue?
I only put the banner on the blue and green skins, the grey is left untouched for those who don't want to see the banners, etc.

GREEN SKIN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

i think they mail to your home address, not the address listed on the webpage. if not, I'm in for it b/c my work address is our hq office here on base and that office is one big clusterf*$!

sgsmith2:

My data was incorrect also. If you go to the home page of the board, you should see a banner on the left side that reads "engineers only". Click that link type in your license number with a "0" at the beginning (The zero is important). Your pin is the last 4 digits of your SSN. From there you can change your info. Engineergirl helped me on the phone with that one. She is a big help there.

Congratulations on having the opportunity to change your information.

I agree with you Steven..
Does anyone else have a problem with their info typed into the directory? I guess the IT guy was being so quick he had typos and he had a combination of my work address and home address and the zip is for neither. I am afraid they will try to mail my letter there!
Sorry the reply above was for Mike_NC. Hope this helps.

I got it fixed..

Thanks..

The Pin was not the last 4 digits of my SS#. However if you type in your license #, they will email you the generic Pin. You can then reset it later.

I got it fixed..
Thanks..

The Pin was not the last 4 digits of my SS#. However if you type in your license #, they will email you the generic Pin. You can then reset it later.
Mike,

How did you get a generic pin emailed to you?
Here's yours: 12345

'That's a pin an idiot would have on his luggage.'

So which address do the mail your certificate too? your home address, right?

Finally, this thread hit 20,000 views....I can rest now....lol

Latest posts

Back