Mythbusters: Airplane on a Conveyor Belt

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have set it up for your cable-less folks to enjoy the full episodes in 'high quality' streaming video if you go to ....

http://video.discovery.com/

There are a few other shows including Dirty Jobs! I don't know how long it takes to upload 'new' episodes.

JR

Kevo 55.....You NEED to post again....I just noticed you're on 666! Not a good number to go to bed on!

****, I passed my extra lucky 666 post count. :(

That was supposed to be lucky, right?

Funny JR!

It really takes so little to get me laughing in the morning!

Who ever says "double sweet??"

^^You do!

Wish I'd taken a screen shot of my 666. I'm sure it was an incisive and erudite post.

I don't remember my 666th, but for some reason I remember MA_PE's. He made it, then didn't post for a day or two. It kind of creeped me out. I started to wonder if he had chosen to just disappear at 666.

Ironically.....in my office RIGHT NOW....it's 66.6 degrees! Is this telling me something????

Seriously.....WTF?

^^^wussy island boy! You need to come back to CO, where Denver had a high of 16 today!

BTW, yes, I am jealous of you, but not the scary flight you told us about last year!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's true, I have turned into a temperature wuss. I mean, it's to be expected, living in a place that is in the Guinness Book for having the world's "most equitable temperature", which is generally about 85. That might change by about 5 degrees between winter and summer, but I'm tellin' you, the low humidity makes it feel like 72 on winter evenings! Brrrrr!

Oh my god (or chosen deity)!

This was brought up at work today - and it was the young electricals trying to show the young mechanicals that they are the superior ones. (I don't care personally, they already have the higher ground - upstairs.)

Spare me the details. I believe the true engineer would want to know exactly WHY would one want to put an airplane on a conveyor belt!

What is the purpose? Is there any academic or practical reason for it? Then I say - if it's not worth doing, don't do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back