Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only if the opening sequence includes a swift, but agonizing death for Ryan Gosling.

Preferably by an explosion involving a helicopter, since as we all know the badassness of a movie is directly related to the number of helicopters and explosions in it. 

And inversely, Goslings.

Last edited by a moderator:
They definitely made it more comic-ish than previous iterations of the films.

So it looks like the movie of the summer is going to be this baby driver? I think this looks like a wait for the VHS version myself?

I guess all the creative types in Hollywood are all making up news stories instead of movie ideas...

I'm still trying to figure out why the eyes move on the suit.  It's just a suit, it shouldn't have expressions.
I guess they're going by the comics?   :dunno:   It's probably so he doesn't have an expressionless face all the time.

4f18f36d5b29b288eb1b3c2d136b0cf8.jpg

That Thor movie looks awesome.  My sons love watching the trailer and yelling out YEEEESSSSS at the top of their lungs when Hulk comes out.

Old, yes, but my wife and I recently watched City of Ember.  

City_of_ember.jpg

My son picked up the graphic novel last year at the library and I read it, too.  I enjoyed it and saw that it was an adaptation of the novel.  "There's a novel on this story?!?!?  F yeah!"  So I got the book series and read them all.  Great f'ing story.  Yes, I like science fiction and fantasy books typically geared toward teens (City of Ember, Lightning Thief, Dragonsong, etc...).  Not to ruin your party, but the movie sucks so much ass compared to the book as most movies based on books do.  You want garbage?  Boom.  This is it.  Read the books and don't ever see this movie... ever.  I'll give it 2 "meh" stars out of 5.

Old, yes, but my wife and I recently watched City of Ember.  

City_of_ember.jpg

My son picked up the graphic novel last year at the library and I read it, too.  I enjoyed it and saw that it was an adaptation of the novel.  "There's a novel on this story?!?!?  F yeah!"  So I got the book series and read them all.  Great f'ing story.  Yes, I like science fiction and fantasy books typically geared toward teens (City of Ember, Lightning Thief, Dragonsong, etc...).  Not to ruin your party, but the movie sucks so much ass compared to the book as most movies based on books do.  You want garbage?  Boom.  This is it.  Read the books and don't ever see this movie... ever.  I'll give it 2 "meh" stars out of 5.
is that the one with the underground city or whatever?

Saw the new Transformers last night.

I wouldn't say it was horrible, but definitely not great. Too much human story crap. It's a franchise built on robots, need more f-ing robots.  It would help if Michael Bay didn't insist on killing them off through the series. There are only so many resurrection methods before viewers say it's bullshit and move on.

All the leaked info was talking about this decades-long "battle-bro" history between Bee and Hot Rod (the black Lambo), but when Hot Rod is only shown for a grand total of 5 minutes in the movie, how the hell are we supposed to know that?

Too much story-line shoehorned into a movie that ran too long. The concept was there but was ruined by compressed storytelling, plot holes, and an ever-increasing amount of over-the-top cheesy one liners. "Sting like a Bee" Seriously Bee, WTF was that?

If it makes you feel any better I just saw a trailer for a rebooted jumanji :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw the new Transformers last night.

I wouldn't say it was horrible, but definitely not great. Too much human story crap. It's a franchise built on robots, need more f-ing robots.  It would help if Michael Bay didn't insist on killing them off through the series. There are only so many resurrection methods before viewers say it's bullshit and move on.

All the leaked info was talking about this decades-long "battle-bro" history between Bee and Hot Rod (the black Lambo), but when Hot Rod is only shown for a grand total of 5 minutes in the movie, how the hell are we supposed to know that?

Too much story-line shoehorned into a movie that ran too long. The concept was there but was ruined by compressed storytelling, plot holes, and an ever-increasing amount of over-the-top cheesy one liners. "Sting like a Bee" Seriously Bee, WTF was that?
How did bee

get his voice back?  Did the fight with Prime magically restore his voice?  Either way, I was getting annoyed by the radio voice so his real voice was a welcome change.

The only reason why I saw the last Transformer's movie was because it was being shown on a flight and I was board. 

Somehow I think that isn't a good enough reason to see this new one.

How did bee

get his voice back?  Did the fight with Prime magically restore his voice?  Either way, I was getting annoyed by the radio voice so his real voice was a welcome change.
Not exactly sure, but

He did get the new voice box with the stupid voice from the scrap truck. I thought he ripped it out though.

Went to the new Spiderman last night. Easily one of the best Avenger movies. Well done story, good character development. Can't wait for the next one.

that's good to hear there is something to look forward to at least! I was hoping they hadn't shown all of the movie in the credits.

Saw Assassin's Creed on my flight back from SC.  Not as terrible as it was made out to be.  If you're a fan of the video games you'll probably like the movie.

Back