Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard the Hall Pass was pretty bad, I imagine the 3 funny parts have already been on the Commercials?

I heard the Hall Pass was pretty bad, I imagine the 3 funny parts have already been on the Commercials?
It was ok

I'm not an Owen Wilson fan

There is also frontal male nudity
a la forgetting sarah marshal type frontal male nudity?
Yes

I actually watched 3 movies over the weekend:

Black Swan - Don't get all the Oscar hype...maybe I'm just not artsy enough...or don't understand psychos

Hall Pass - Up/Down type movie...had some funny parts and had dull parts

Memento - Maybe didn't help that my wife kept interrupting about how annoyed she was with how the movie was done (reverse chronological/forward chronological) and we stopped and started three times so she could watch the oscars. Also maybe I'm not smart enough to get the full meaning.

Memento - Maybe didn't help that my wife kept interrupting about how annoyed she was with how the movie was done (reverse chronological/forward chronological) and we stopped and started three times so she could watch the oscars. Also maybe I'm not smart enough to get the full meaning.
Memento is a friking awesome movie, but it's definitely one you should watch without distractions.

Not a movie, but those of you with Netflix will appreciate the HBO series "Party Down." It's about a bunch of actors/comedians who join a catering service as their day job. Plenty of appearances from some of the more popular current-day comedians/actors, along with a ton of "where do I know that guy from" kind of moments.

I watched The Runaways on Netflix last night. Is Dakota Fanning legal yet? If not, ignore that last question. The movie was decent, sort of your typical rock stars get famous, get on drugs and have a falling out movie.

Is Dakota Fanning legal yet? If not, ignore that last question.
chris_hansen.jpg

Watched "Rango" last night with my son. In his word, it was "weird" and "violent". I liked it a lot- it was weird, as well as a little violent. But also some of the best animation and most original character design yet in an animated movie, and lots fo humorous/cool pop culture references (having Hunter S Thompson show up is always going to impress me, as will Clint Eastwood). It's biggest flaw was that it seemed like they couldn't agree on who to aim the movie at. It seems like the whole thing was written as a movie for adults, but that someone got in there and tried to add in stuff for kids here and there that took a little away from the overall tone. But not much. It was pretty good, and thoroughly enjoyable.

Just watched "The Way Back" with Ed Harris. I hadn't heard of it, but it was a great movie about some ruskies escaping Siberia to India ON FOOT.

Saw Battle Los Angeles last night, it was entertaining, but mostly was a Marine recruiting video with lots of explosions. Fun, but leave your brain at home.

Back