Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clash of the Titans BLOWS!
However, the flick does have some ladies I would intrusively pat down.
Agreed, on both parts.

I haven't been to the movies in a while but we normally go alot.

I've been wanting to see True Grit and The Fighter

I watched The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus the other night, and really liked it. I'm fairly certain if I were tripping on acid or any sort of hallucinogen, it would only get better.

finally saw Toy Story 3 the other night as it has come out on Video On Demand. I thought it was great.

finally saw Toy Story 3 the other night as it has come out on Video On Demand. I thought it was great.
I am on double digit viewing of TS3, and the first digit could possibly be a 2. I have lost count. Then throw in viewings of both TS and TS2, I have about had ENOUGH of Woody and Buzz.

It is rare that a remake betters an original, but True Grit has done just that. I love the manner in which they speak, the acting was superbly executed and the soundtrack was incredibly adapted to each scene.

5 of 5 stars

I am on double digit viewing of TS3, and the first digit could possibly be a 2. I have lost count. Then throw in viewings of both TS and TS2, I have about had ENOUGH of Woody and Buzz.
Is it safe to assume that you have kids that watch it constantly? When my kids were small the biggest fascination waas with Disney's Beauty and the Beast. We had to cut them down to 1 Beast watching/day.

Is it safe to assume that you have kids that watch it constantly? When my kids were small the biggest fascination waas with Disney's Beauty and the Beast. We had to cut them down to 1 Beast watching/day.
Yes, she is 2, and she loves Jessie.

It is rare that a remake betters an original, but True Grit has done just that. I love the manner in which they speak, the acting was superbly executed and the soundtrack was incredibly adapted to each scene.
5 of 5 stars
Couldn't agree more. I enjoyed the heck out of that movie, and I am trying to convince my wife to go so I can see it again.

Oh my God... my daughter was a Beauty and the Beast beast when she was small. I have no idea how many times we watched it back when I was just dating my wife, and the girl was 3-4 years old. She would sing all the songs. I could, too, and I would often find myself humming them while working out during that time. My son could care less now, but every once in a while he asks to see it, and then it really brings back the memories.... I love having kids, especially for the ability to watch kid movies without guilt, and buy them the toys I want.

Saw Boondock Saints 2 last night on Netflix (PS3). It was pretty good, but it definately follows the pattern of sequels not being as good as the firsts. Best way to describe it is that some scenes almost seemed to be spoofs of itself (or spoofs of the original), but they throw in enough decent stuff to keep watching.

I watched "Restrepo" on DVD last night. If you haven't heard of it, it's a documentary that follows one platoon through their 15-month deployment in Afghanistan around 2007, I think. It was produced by National Geographic, and directed by author Sebastian Junger (Blackhawk Down, The Perfect Storm). It's really an excellent documentary - it just shows what it was like for these guys. There is no narration, no overt message, but after I watched it, all I could think of was that the whole Afghanistan conflict is just futile. Every step forward seems to unavoidably create at least one step backward.

Anyone else see this yet?

From Wikipedia article on Junger:

Restrepo
In 2009 Junger made his first film, the documentary feature Restrepo, as director with photographer Tim Hetherington. The two worked together in Afghanistan on assignment for Vanity Fair. Junger and Hetherington spent a year with one platoon in the Korengal Valley, which is billed as the deadliest valley in Afghanistan. They recorded video to document their experience, and this footage went on to form the basis for Restrepo. The title refers to the outpost where Junger was embedded, which was named after a combat medic, Pfc. Juan Restrepo, killed in action. As Junger explained, "It’s a completely apolitical film. We wanted to give viewers the experience of being in combat with soldiers, and so our cameras never leave their side. There are no interviews with generals; there is no moral or political analysis. It is a purely experiential film."[23] Restrepo, which premiered on the opening night of the 2010 Sundance Film Festival,[24] won the grand jury prize for a domestic documentary. The actor David Hyde Pierce presented the award in Park City, Utah.[25] Junger self-financed the film.[26]

War

The visits from June 2007 to June 2008 to eastern Afghanistan to the Korengal Valley with Tim Hetherington resulted not only in their reports and pictures published in Vanity Fair in 2008 and the film Restrepo (2010), but also in Junger's best-selling book War (2010),[27] which rewrites and expands upon his Vanity Fair dispatches.[28][29]

I went to China over Christmas and on the 12 hour flight each way, I managed to pack in a lot of movies. Stay away from Charlie St. Cloud at all costs, not that most of you would probably see it, but it's one of the worst movies of the year. I would say it was worse than the Last Airbender, but at least it was shorter so the Last Turdbender clinches my vote for worst movie of the year. Eat Pray Love was meh, it was a chick flick that took forever to get to the point (as usual), The Town was Ok, Wall Street wasn't that great, The American wasn't nearly as bad as the critics said, it was semi enjoyable and there were a few really amazing scenes, Ghost Writer was pretty good, typical Roman Polanski movie, and The Expendables was retarded. The best movies I saw this year were probably The Social Network and Scott Pilgrim vs the World which was pleasantly nerdy, yet entertaining.

I went to China over Christmas and on the 12 hour flight each way, I managed to pack in a lot of movies. Stay away from Charlie St. Cloud at all costs, not that most of you would probably see it, but it's one of the worst movies of the year. I would say it was worse than the Last Airbender, but at least it was shorter so the Last Turdbender clinches my vote for worst movie of the year. Eat Pray Love was meh, it was a chick flick that took forever to get to the point (as usual), The Town was Ok, Wall Street wasn't that great, The American wasn't nearly as bad as the critics said, it was semi enjoyable and there were a few really amazing scenes, Ghost Writer was pretty good, typical Roman Polanski movie, and The Expendables was retarded. The best movies I saw this year were probably The Social Network and Scott Pilgrim vs the World which was pleasantly nerdy, yet entertaining.
I know to no longer listen to your movie reviews.

Season of the Witch, could have been longer. I really enjoyed it. Amazing as to how it tied in with the Witch Hunter game system.

For those of you with Netflix, "The Rage in Placid Lake" is a great Aussie comedy. Some of the scenes with his parents and at his work are priceless.

I saw Black Swan this weekend. Usually I try to avoid Oscar type movies but it was good. It had a fair amount of scares and some really nice girl on girl action.

I saw Black Swan this weekend. Usually I try to avoid Oscar type movies but it was good. It had a fair amount of scares and some really nice girl on girl action.
Is that the Mila Kunis one? If so, I might have to go just for the girl on girl.

Back