Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched Valkrie last night and thought it was not bad at all - at least not nearly as bad as the critics panned it.

We saw Lincoln Lawyer on Sunday and it was really good.

But unfortunately for the ladies, I think it was the first Matthew McConaughey movie where he didn't find an excuse to go shirtless.

We saw Social Network last night and we were both surprised at how good it is. I didn't know the Napster nutjob was involved and Zuckerburg is actually a complete douche. Like, I can't fathom what he did to his once best friend. Complete douche through and through.

Unfortunately, I watched Eden Log last night with the missus. Never before have I wanted to punch through my living room wall within the first 5 minutes of any movie. If you have a chance to watch it "instantly", watch the first 5 minutes and you'll understand why.

I watched the Social Network the other night on DVD. Interesting movie. I wonder if Zuckerberg was/is that much of a socially inept a$$hat. I also don't understand how Facebook is worth so much money. I realize that it connects the world and 500+ million people use it but where are the revenues generated?

I also find it ironic that the movie presents it that they screwed his buddy (the initial CEO) by firing opr threatening to fire him through the morality clause of his contract citing the "chicken" incident, yet how many people have had/are going to have their moral reputations ruined because of what they post on Facebook.

I watched the Social Network the other night on DVD. Interesting movie. I wonder if Zuckerberg was/is that much of a socially inept a$$hat. I also don't understand how Facebook is worth so much money. I realize that it connects the world and 500+ million people use it but where are the revenues generated?
I also find it ironic that the movie presents it that they screwed his buddy (the initial CEO) by firing opr threatening to fire him through the morality clause of his contract citing the "chicken" incident, yet how many people have had/are going to have their moral reputations ruined because of what they post on Facebook.
You have 500 million people posting what they eat/drink/enjoy/purchase...it's an advertising/marketing gold mine

Took the kids to Rio this weekend.

They liked it. I thought it was cute and funny.

If you have kids, good chance to go and get some popcorn and veg for a couple hours.

I can't remember the last time the wife and I went to a movie (just us) together.

There really hasn't been a lot of movies drawing me in - but it's near summer with some big releases coming up.

Wife and I saw Source Code last week.

It was good but it got a little Inception-ish during the second half. By then I was in "easy watching" mode and did not want to start thinking.

So it was good but I thought it could have been better if they did not complicate it.

Then after they complicated it, they did not tie up all the loose ends... which was another minor deduction on my mental score sheet.

Not really a movie, but we've started watching Season 1 of "Lost" on Netflix.

Why exactly was this show so popular? I'm hoping it gets MUCH better, but I can't even feign interest at this point (aside from the sorta-hot chick).

Saw Hanna last week

Not as action packed as I thought it was going to be so I think that left me feeling disappointed

Not really a movie, but we've started watching Season 1 of "Lost" on Netflix.

Why exactly was this show so popular? I'm hoping it gets MUCH better, but I can't even feign interest at this point (aside from the sorta-hot chick).
I watched for a season or two.

Then it was moved back to 9pm, which would keep me up thinking about it until 11pm or so. I was getting up to study about 5am at the time so it was a very tough turn-around in the middle of the week.

Plus the show was asking two questions for each one they answered, which got really old.

So I was one of the first to hop off the Lost bandwagon.

^^^I never joined the band wagon. Never saw a single episode.

in regards to source code...i wondered about the similarity to inception. After seeing the trailer for the first time I said gee that looks a lot like inception.

It seems like the major movie studios lately are like...oh pixar has a new movie out, then sony comes out with a similar but different story a few months later.

Madagscar and the Wild (i think that was the name) came out in similar timeframes from two different companys.

the illusionist and the prestige another example

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched Trading Places yesterday...totally forgot how much female frontal nudity :Banane20: was in the movie. Usually when I watch it, it is the editted for tv version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also saw Wall Street for the first time. Good flick, but kinda leave you hanging in the end.
funny you should mention that. My wife just borrowed Wall St. and the sequel Wall Street: Money never sleeps from a friend. I have yet to watch either one.

Watched Trading Places yesterday...totally forgot how much female frontal nudity :Banane20: was in the movie. Usually when I watch it, it is the editted for tv version.
I might have to revisit that one myself to check your observation. I can't recall all that much :Banane20: even from the DVD version.

Its mostly towards the begining of the movie. The party billy ray has at his "new house". Then again later Jamie lee curtis shows her goods. They might as well have had the girls naked in the end scene too. Barely there bikinis.

Back