Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so “slim pickins” May have been an overstatement. Movie picks are more like non-existent.

Today I watched “Deep Blue Sea 3”...I didn’t even know there was a 2. It was about as craptacular as you would expect.

Not sure where it came from, i.e. Netflix, Amazon, etc., but watched “The Outpost” this morning. Pretty serious action flick but not in a ‘wow, that was cool’ way but more of a depressing infuriating way. One of the more true-to-life war movies. 

On a separate note, I’m betting if they would reopen theatres and start putting out new movies, they’d be packed. The streaming service I use lets you search for movies by what is currently popular with people. Usually the movies that show up on the list are whatever is recent in theatres or on digital. Clearly there are a lot of people trying to entertain homebound kids because now the list is a lot of Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Harry Potter.

The AMC here is opening this weekend, at like 25% capacity I think. Goonies is playing for .15 cents ( not sure why 15 cents) - But I was going to try and go just since I am a Goonie, but its already sold out, gonna try and go see it in the theatre though that would be cool.

I also think there are a **** load of movies that would be great to see on the big screen again..

• Top Gun
  • Star Wars (et al)
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • Those weird Hobbit Movies
  • Anything with Arnold in it
  • LOTR wold be cool to see again on the big screen
  • Red Dawn
  • Ski Movies would be cool since its about that time, 
  • etc
  •  

I still say that the movies are the thing I miss the most.

However I would not go back to the theaters just yet. 

Hell, 25% capacity would be "mobbed" by present day standards for movies around here.

so apparently AMC and I are on the same wavelength.. movie scheduled to be out in the next few weeks at our location:

Empire Strikes Back!

Back to the Future!

Already all sold out :(  although we do have Goonies tix for next week.

so apparently AMC and I are on the same wavelength.. movie scheduled to be out in the next few weeks at our location:

Empire Strikes Back!

Back to the Future!

hopefully they play uncut version with the octopus scene and additional time in the convenience store at the beginning of the movie

Empire Strikes Back!

Back to the Future!

So I am sure that most people by now have given up on discs as media for movies, but I have kept up and have a high quality 4K Bluray player and display, and I recently used some credit card points to replace my entire Star Wars movie collection with the new 4K transfers. And let me say Wow, they really look different and better than ever before. Even Episode 1 with all its CG, which I though looked obvious and somewhat crude in earlier disc releases, now looks downright cinematic. 

no need to go to the theater for Star Wars for
maxresdefault.jpg
me!

I gave up on blue ray to be honest - but I did buy 4 DVD players w/hdmi from the wal mart for the apocalypse..

Seems like they don’t make many blue rays since everything went digital?

I think some movies I’d pay to go see on the big screen - most all of the Star Wars ones to be honest, gladiator is another one that would be cool to see on the big screen....

The better half is hoping to see Dirty Dancing in the theatre. 

I am hoping she takes a friend.

So, “Bill and Ted Face the Music”....what a train wreck. Of course, that’s not really saying a whole lot considering the first two. I’ve got to assume that Alex Winter was desperate for cash and had some compromising photos of Keanu.

Watched a pretty decent movie last night - Hell or High Water - 2 brothers robbing banks in West Texas being chased by Jeff Bridges -   3 /5 stars

I was forced by the females in family to pay the $29.99 for Mulan.

We have the original on bluray and would have been so much better off just watching that. The new one has great cinematography, but is ultimately pretty lifeless. Typical Disney remake. I'd say totally not worth thirty bucks, but we probably would have spent more than that to reach the same conclusion if it was in the theaters.

1.5 stars out of 5.

I am sure that Disney made certain not to show China in a negative view.

for free we (my 19 year old and 17 year old)watched an officer and a gentleman -  I must have been watching the TNT version the last 20 years cause it straight up had way way more sex and nudity than I recall- 

I don’t think I had ever seen the original opening with his dad in bed with two chics....

ughh that was weird... 

LOL I remember seeing that on VHS with my parents probably when I was about the same age, and being very uncomfortable. 

Back